Small Estate Affidavit, Real Property in AZ

mobileoffice

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I am in the process of filing a Small Estate Affidavit for Transfer of Real Property in Arizona. My parents (both deceased) hold title to a parcel of land. I have two siblings, and they have both agreed to assign their interests in the property to me. I understand I need to have signed and notarized statements from them giving up all rights and interests in the property, but there doesn't seem to be an official form for this.

May I create my own form that my siblings can sign and notarize stating they have given up their interests in the property? I have looked but there doesn't seem to be a general or state-specific form for this available. Thanks for your help.

I haven't found anything on the AZ probate court website:

Probate Forms (azcourts.gov)

You could try calling the court clerk at your county probate court and ask if there is a form for disclaimer of property inheritance. Be careful how you ask. If you ask the "How do I" question you'll be told that they can't give legal advice.

If the court has no form, I found the following website that appears to have them. This is not a testimonial. I know nothing about them. They just came up first in a search.

Arizona Disclaimer of Interest Forms | Deeds.com

I do like that they cite statute numbers that apply so you can read them at:

Arizona Revised Statutes (azleg.gov)

You can't create a form. You can create a pleading, but no one here is going to be able to confirm whether that's the right way to proceed.

If you want to avoid problems down the road, spend a few hundred dollars on a lawyer now in order to avoid having to spend tens of thousands later to fix a mess.

Back