Small claims under $10,000

CLaudette

Jurisdiction
California
November 2017 I sold my house my friend hired a crew to move my belongings out and put them in storage which I had already pre-arranged but not paid for. When it came time to leave there was no room for me to ride in the truck with my belongings to the storage unit so my friend went with the crew I put my belongings in storage. I provided the funds to pay for the storage unit for 3 months in advance.

I kept the manager of the storage facility up-to-date every step of the way he knew all the stuff being brought in with mine. Now I've discovered that my friend has been either giving away or selling my belongings without my permission.

Make matters worse I've loaned him $7,000 to purchase a used vehicle, furniture, and rent a house.

This is located in Butte County California. What can I do?

Why did your "friend" ride in the truck and not YOU? There clearly WAS room for you and you chose not to go.

How incredibly stupid to loan someone that amount of money. That's what banks are for.

Make matters worse I've loaned him $7,000 to purchase a used vehicle, furniture, and rent a house.

This is located in Butte County California. What can I do?

You can pursue the issue in the CORRECT county small claims court.

Be advised, that even if you receive a $7,000 judgment, you'll then have to try and collect the loot from the scoundrel and deadbeat.

Back