Business Contracts small business problem with clients (money matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tndfloor

I am not sure this is the right section for this question but seems that it could fall into this category as it has happened with money problem.

I am sole trader, doing work on my own, mainly for construction.

There was 1 client wants to to the bit of polishing on concrete and the way she wanted it to be done was something i wouldn't recommende. So i told her i can't do it because it is not the right way to do it and it will cause a problem later on. (of course this was only converstation, has not been writen or recorded). Because she was in hurry to move in she insist that way and told me all other problem will be her responsibility. then she offered me she would be me in cash. So i did the work.

Only the quote has been sent beofore the work and no invoice has been sent as and she did pay me the cash.

Then she contacted me several times for expected problem. I did free patch ups several times, but as there was essential problem that floors shouldn't be done that way.....it didn't resolve the problem. So i told her there was nothing i can do as i told her from the begining then she seemed to accept it.

10 months later she sent me an email asking refund of 1500$ which she spent on replacing the floor. I ignored the email. then she send me an email that she claimed to Court.

I have had brought bad debt to VCAT but that wasn't really doing anything except writhing a payment order to other party then they claimed bankrupt and that was it.....nothing for me. : (

My concern is..what are the chances that i need to pay full 1500$ to them as what they have said is not written.

I'd really appreciate the comment in advance..

Share this post on

I am not sure this is the right section for this question but seems that it could fall into this category as it has happened with money problem.

I am sole trader, doing work on my own, mainly for construction.

There was 1 client wants to to the bit of polishing on concrete and the way she wanted it to be done was something i wouldn't recommende. So i told her i can't do it because it is not the right way to do it and it will cause a problem later on. (of course this was only converstation, has not been writen or recorded). Because she was in hurry to move in she insist that way and told me all other problem will be her responsibility. then she offered me she would be me in cash. So i did the work.

Only the quote has been sent beofore the work and no invoice has been sent as and she did pay me the cash.

Then she contacted me several times for expected problem. I did free patch ups several times, but as there was essential problem that floors shouldn't be done that way.....it didn't resolve the problem. So i told her there was nothing i can do as i told her from the begining then she seemed to accept it.

10 months later she sent me an email asking refund of 1500$ which she spent on replacing the floor. I ignored the email. then she send me an email that she claimed to Court.

I have had brought bad debt to VCAT but that wasn't really doing anything except writhing a payment order to other party then they claimed bankrupt and that was it.....nothing for me. : (

My concern is..what are the chances that i need to pay full 1500$ to them as what they have said is not written.

I'd really appreciate the comment in advance..

Share this post on

Court orders and subpoenas do not come via email.
Until you get a REAL court order, summons, or subpoena from a law enforcement officer or process server, ignore emails.
Just delete the emails and move on.
Don't ignore a REAL court order, summons, or subpoena from a law enforcement officer or process server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back