Slow Pay Motion but being taken back to court

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJen08

I really hope someone can help me know what to do. I was sued by a hospital for around 2100.00. I filed a slow pay motion and have been paying on this since October of last year. I have it down to about 1200.00 or so. I have been sick and on cancer meds, had surgery, and have been in and out of the ER. (I am working now & have insurance).....anyway I have been late on payments lately just from being sick & not being able to get out of bed. I sent them a check for the entire months payments for this month but because I was 14 days late on paying they sent me my check back and said that they are taking me back to court. I cannot afford for them to garnish my wages, my husband is out of work and I am the only income. What can I do and can they take my whole paycheck?? Please help me know what to do??!!?!? Thanks so much.:eek:

Call them and have a conversation. Tell them that going to court won't get them their money sooner and that you've been good so far. You can't get blood from a stone so if they are taking you to court and not taking your payments then it will just take longer, including any potential delays, adjournments, etc. There isn't much harm here so see if reasoning will work it out. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back