Negligence, Other Injury Slip and Fall at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

atxgirl25

In October 2006, I was working in a restaurant where I slipped and suffered a concussion. There were no requirements on the type of shoes I should be wearing and there was no sign to tell me the floor was wet. I was really busy and did not even see the drink spilled on the floor. I slipped, although I was wearing tennis shoes, hit my head on the edge of a counter, and then fell and smacked my head on the floor. The owner of the restaurant took me too the hospital after an EMT that happened to be eating in the restaurant said it was okay that he took me. I assume this was to save on the expense of the ambulance. When I got to the hospital he told me and the lady that took my information that he was going to pay for the bills, but never has. I'd like to know if I can still sue him to get the money to pay for the medical bills, compensation for the time I missed at work, and for my suffering.

Workers comp is the sole remedy for work related injuries. Did you ever file a workers comp claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back