Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittney100000

My uncle is going through a big lawsuit with his former employer for wrongful termination. He is a conjestive heart failure patient and had been going to doctors for a period of time having him out of work till they released him. During this time he was terminated and was never told until 6 months later around the time he was to be released. Note: he has been with this company for 20 years and was general manager! The reason they gave for termination was out of work to long. Well needless to say the owners son who is a manager also told everone he had quit. His former customers have gone to this business and asked about him not knowing he was terminated and not only have they said he quit, but just recently another previous customer went to get service and they told her he was at home dying of AIDS! My question to u is is this considered slander and how does he go about doing something about it?

Q: My question to u is is this considered slander and how does he go about doing something about it?

A: Possibly and what is the dollar amount of his direct and permanent injuries. (For you defamation fans: Yep, I know it is slander per se...loathsome disease and all that.)

Something like that, that is blatently false might be considered slander. It might be hard to prove it. Your uncle can talk to the attorney about it and possibly getying a ceist and desist letter sent to them. If he can prove who said it, and that its false and he suffered damaged, he might have a slander case.

Q: My question to u is is this considered slander and how does he go about doing something about it?

A: Possibly and what is the dollar amount of his direct and permanent injuries. (For you defamation fans: Yep, I know it is slander per se...loathsome disease and all that.)

ROFL... that's great. Takes me back to law school... :D But kidding aside, it's a horrible thing to do to someone brittney. But the problem with defamation is that it costs money to prosecute those claims and what is the dollar value of the damages? The spoken words that are slander need to be proven and it is much more difficult than libel, which is written and more of an "open and shut" case. Good luck with everything.

Something like that, that is blatently false might be considered slander. It might be hard to prove it. Your uncle can talk to the attorney about it and possibly getying a ceist and desist letter sent to them. If he can prove who said it, and that its false and he suffered damaged, he might have a slander case.

I thought all you had to do to prove defamation is prove the publication that was made was untrue?? If he obviously doesn't have AIDS it would definately fall under torts per se?? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back