Slander/perjury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkdog

My nephew was recently taken into custody by the state for mental and drug related issues. He is my sisters son who is divorced from the father, his father & new wife had him committed, in her(fathers new wife) affidavit my name was brought up to make our side of the family look bad. She stated that "he(I) smokes pot every day", this is false. I haven't smoked daily for 8 years, but do occasionally, I've used less than 5 times in the last year. I live with my mother and sister so I have two people to back up my story.

This is incriminating to me, none of us understand why my name was brought up in this in the first place, I've never met this women. Do I have a case for slander? Could this be considered perjury since the statement isn't true? Even though I have used a hand full of times? Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated, thank you.

My nephew was recently taken into custody by the state for mental and drug related issues. He is my sisters son who is divorced from the father, his father & new wife had him committed, in her(fathers new wife) affidavit my name was brought up to make our side of the family look bad. She stated that "he(I) smokes pot every day", this is false. I haven't smoked daily for 8 years, but do occasionally, I've used less than 5 times in the last year. I live with my mother and sister so I have two people to back up my story.

This is incriminating to me, none of us understand why my name was brought up in this in the first place, I've never met this women. Do I have a case for slander? Could this be considered perjury since the statement isn't true? Even though I have used a hand full of times? Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sometimes, no, MOST of the time, people talk too much.

Reread your post.

You provide an own answer any SOBER person can understand.

Let it go, and stop smoking dope.

Its illegal.

Last edited:
You're telling me it's fine to to lie or stretch the truth when swearing under oath? Yet ridicule me for smoking some pot once in a blue moon? Ahhh, the hypocrisy in this world. I don't drink or in no way shape or form am I addicted to any drugs. I'll remember if I'm ever under oath it's fine to stretch the truth, I did learn something from this site. Thank you for that in-depth answer, great site with wonderful moderator's.

What damages have you suffered on account of this? In what way were you harmed?

Did you lose your job? Were you arrested? Did you lose money? Girlfriend break up with you? What damages do you have? You can't sue without damages.

It's still illegal under Federal law. Even in Washington.

And since the OP is not in Washington, it's hardly relevant anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back