slander in the gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowdn1pa

"DO I HAVE A CASE????"

I have been a member of 24 Hour Fitness for the last 4 years. i have never had a problem in the time i have been associated with the gym....last year a new front desk staff and operations manager came to the club. when, i went to the gym to check on my renew dues, i saw untrue allegations of wrong doings by me in the course of time that this new staff showed up. i'm going to go into detail of things that have been posted on my acct under the notes section without my knowledge, any proof and/or any reference of any of this:

6/18 paid a guest workout and access allowed
(my membership is paid up yearly for $49 a year. i have to pay to use the gym)

8/16 access denied no membership card or id
(i have never ever been turned away from using the gym. i have never been denied entry into the gym...ever)

8/21 warning issued no membership card of id
(i have always had my membership card and once again, never been told i could not enter the gym)

12/5 mangement never placed this in the computer or ever mentioned it to me or the member

(i was working out minding my on business with my headphones on. i had just got done with my set and stood up to adjust the weight. as i was doing this a member with one-arm walked up kicked my gym bag as i was adjusting the weight and sat down preparing to use the machine. i said, don't be kicking my shit, man. it's not like you asked me to work in. he yelled at me to get the hell away from him. everyone was looking since it was prime time hours. i told him he was not using the machine. he was going to have to wait. he yelled at me again to get the hell away from him. i said, don't be messing with me. am not bothering you. he called me and ass hole and kicked my bag again across the gym floor. i was blazing. pissed beyond belief. what could i do? he had one arm. everyone saw it. trainers, members, everyone. there was no entry or anything done about that situation.)

12/5 warning issued access allowed
(same as above...untrue...always checked in)

11/26 In the computer said that i took someones headphones and would not admit it until it was mentioned to me that the gym floor had cameras.
(i forgot my headphones and borrowed some from the front desk from the lost and found drawer. i left the headphones near a scoreboard machine on the basketball court. after i was done with one of the games, i took the headphones back to the front desk. i was playing with some of my friends and the mgr and some other staff members come into the basketball court and pull me off the court in front of all my friends in the middle of a full court game, saying that 2 people saw me "take someone headphones". i went off. (i have lost 2 treo phones, a blackberry 8830 phone, my apple ipod, my psp (playstation portable) game console. i have lost over $800 in property and being accused of taking some cheap $6 headphones from anyone really pissed me off. i am well known and very respected in the gym training for an NFL team. i have contacts that range from joe montana to my roommate jj stokes. i was and still am really offended). i cussed out all of them and told mgrs the dudes that said i took his headphones and anyone else to go to hell. i don't need or have to take anyone's anything. i went back to the front desk and got the headphones and gave them back to the mgr. she said it was all a mistake. i explained to them where i got the headphones. was told don't worry about we are sorry for the mix up...okay...Case closed)

12/19 an entry stated that i was at the juice bar buying a drink and the staff member heard me take $ out of her tip jar.

(i put the change i got back from paying for my drink in the tip jar. stood as i always do and waited for my drink. now, this is the kicker there are cameras all over the place showing the spot i stood in, the cash register, the girl behind the counter, the whole area. if, i would have taken anything someone would have said something too me for one and two i don't need to take anyones tips out of the jar. i tip $5 - $10 when i get drinks at the juice bar.)

12/23 an entry stated that a member car keys and wallet was taken from the basketball court and he thought i took them. he didn't want to make report of call the cops because he didn't want to start any trouble.

(i always put my stuff in one place under a chair. i was on the basketball court at the time that the guy said his stuff came up messing. he plays there with us all the time. he ask everyone in the gym had they seen his stuff. later, after i saw the entry i ask another member to walk on the court with me and just listen. i ask the dude without any malice, did he see "ME" take or go near any of his stuff. he said "NO". I asked him had he told anyone at the front desk had he seen me take his stuff. he said, "NO". i walked to the office with the member and he told one of the mgr that he never said that i took any of his stuff. he had no idea what they were talking about. now, there are 6 cameras on that court. if, took something they could have seen it or someone would have approached me about it. I drive an $80,000 dollar car and have no need for anyones car or wallet.)

Now, if someone took my car keys and wallet, i would have made a fuss. something is not right in that gym. i called the coporate office and made a fuss. i was promised a call back from a manager and the notes would be taking off my acct. no one has called me and the notes are still under my name. if, i check in to any 24 hour those notes come up. many staff members have seen these entries and they make me look like a bad person. slandering my name which is all bad. 2 weeks ago 2 staff members were fired and a tv crew came to the gym because of racial remarks towards blacks and gay members.

2/11 just recently, 2 days ago another entry was placed in the computer saying i checked in with no id with
(my membership card....i just got a new card and the id is on the back. if, they look at the date and time on the camera they can clearly see it. my question is DO, I HAVE A CASE AND WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON IN THERE?)

From my point of view anytime anyone accuses you of something with no proof of it basically calling you a thief and other people around the gym looks at you with content somebody is starting rumors around there. slandering my character is all bad.

Last edited:
DO, I HAVE A CASE AND WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON IN THERE?)

A slander case? No.

How have you been damaged by these allegations?

Wha't really going on is anyone's guess. Have you tried having a one on one talk with the owner to explain your concerns with the new staff and operations manager?

If you can't get any satisfaction then maybe it is time to find a new gym.

BWAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!!

This is too funny! OP posts the following "problem" and asks if he has a case:

"DO I HAVE A CASE????"
I have been a member of 24 Hour Fitness for the last 4 years. i have never had a problem in the time i have been associated with the gym....last year a new front desk staff and operations manager came to the club. when, i went to the gym to check on my renew dues, i saw untrue allegations of wrong doings by me in the course of time that this new staff showed up. i'm going to go into detail of things that have been posted on my acct under the notes section without my knowledge, any proof and/or any reference of any of this:

6/18 paid a guest workout and access allowed
(my membership is paid up yearly for $49 a year. i have to pay to use the gym)

8/16 access denied no membership card or id
(i have never ever been turned away from using the gym. i have never been denied entry into the gym...ever)

8/21 warning issued no membership card of id
(i have always had my membership card and once again, never been told i could not enter the gym)

12/5 mangement never placed this in the computer or ever mentioned it to me or the member

(i was working out minding my on business with my headphones on. i had just got done with my set and stood up to adjust the weight. as i was doing this a member with one-arm walked up kicked my gym bag as i was adjusting the weight and sat down preparing to use the machine. i said, don't be kicking my shit, man. it's not like you asked me to work in. he yelled at me to get the hell away from him. everyone was looking since it was prime time hours. i told him he was not using the machine. he was going to have to wait. he yelled at me again to get the hell away from him. i said, don't be messing with me. am not bothering you. he called me and ass hole and kicked my bag again across the gym floor. i was blazing. pissed beyond belief. what could i do? he had one arm. everyone saw it. trainers, members, everyone. there was no entry or anything done about that situation.)

12/5 warning issued access allowed
(same as above...untrue...always checked in)

11/26 In the computer said that i took someones headphones and would not admit it until it was mentioned to me that the gym floor had cameras.
(i forgot my headphones and borrowed some from the front desk from the lost and found drawer. i left the headphones near a scoreboard machine on the basketball court. after i was done with one of the games, i took the headphones back to the front desk. i was playing with some of my friends and the mgr and some other staff members come into the basketball court and pull me off the court in front of all my friends in the middle of a full court game, saying that 2 people saw me "take someone headphones". i went off. (i have lost 2 treo phones, a blackberry 8830 phone, my apple ipod, my psp (playstation portable) game console. i have lost over $800 in property and being accused of taking some cheap $6 headphones from anyone really pissed me off. i am well known and very respected in the gym training for an NFL team. i have contacts that range from joe montana to my roommate jj stokes. i was and still am really offended). i cussed out all of them and told mgrs the dudes that said i took his headphones and anyone else to go to hell. i don't need or have to take anyone's anything. i went back to the front desk and got the headphones and gave them back to the mgr. she said it was all a mistake. i explained to them where i got the headphones. was told don't worry about we are sorry for the mix up...okay...Case closed)

12/19 an entry stated that i was at the juice bar buying a drink and the staff member heard me take $ out of her tip jar.

(i put the change i got back from paying for my drink in the tip jar. stood as i always do and waited for my drink. now, this is the kicker there are cameras all over the place showing the spot i stood in, the cash register, the girl behind the counter, the whole area. if, i would have taken anything someone would have said something too me for one and two i don't need to take anyones tips out of the jar. i tip $5 - $10 when i get drinks at the juice bar.)

12/23 an entry stated that a member car keys and wallet was taken from the basketball court and he thought i took them. he didn't want to make report of call the cops because he didn't want to start any trouble.

(i always put my stuff in one place under a chair. i was on the basketball court at the time that the guy said his stuff came up messing. he plays there with us all the time. he ask everyone in the gym had they seen his stuff. later, after i saw the entry i ask another member to walk on the court with me and just listen. i ask the dude without any malice, did he see "ME" take or go near any of his stuff. he said "NO". I asked him had he told anyone at the front desk had he seen me take his stuff. he said, "NO". i walked to the office with the member and he told one of the mgr that he never said that i took any of his stuff. he had no idea what they were talking about. now, there are 6 cameras on that court. if, took something they could have seen it or someone would have approached me about it. I drive an $80,000 dollar car and have no need for anyones car or wallet.)

Now, if someone took my car keys and wallet, i would have made a fuss. something is not right in that gym. i called the coporate office and made a fuss. i was promised a call back from a manager and the notes would be taking off my acct. no one has called me and the notes are still under my name. if, i check in to any 24 hour those notes come up. many staff members have seen these entries and they make me look like a bad person. slandering my name which is all bad. 2 weeks ago 2 staff members were fired and a tv crew came to the gym because of racial remarks towards blacks and gay members.

2/11 just recently, 2 days ago another entry was placed in the computer saying i checked in with no id with
(my membership card....i just got a new card and the id is on the back. if, they look at the date and time on the camera they can clearly see it. my question is DO, I HAVE A CASE AND WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON IN THERE?)

From my point of view anytime anyone accuses you of something with no proof of it basically calling you a thief and other people around the gym looks at you with content somebody is starting rumors around there. slandering my character is all bad.

And then answers his own post, stating he is "fluent in law" and advising himself as though he's a different person. Of course, there is the obligatory spam advertisement:

yes, i think you do have a case. i'm fluent in law and finding out that you are the victim of untrue statements and then finding out that racial comments towards blacks and gays in that place of business leads on to think that the attacks on you with out anyone approaching you about the situation is either personal or racial. R.L Johnson Law-

He must have missed the step in his spammer instructions to create a new username for the subsequent post! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back