Slander Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrone21

I have two neighbors that evertime something happens to someones dog in the neighbor hood they send the people to my house. They are telling them that my dogs run loose and kill other dogs. This is not true. This all started because I called animal control on them for there dog coming in my yard. I'm just trying to protect there dog and they can't see that. How can I handle this with out going to court?

I have two neighbors that ever time something happens to someone's dog in the neighbor hood they send the people to my house. They are telling them that my dogs run loose and kill other dogs. This is not true. This all started because I called animal control on them for there dog coming in my yard. I'm just trying to protect there dog and they can't see that. At this point I'm in fear of the safety of myself and my family. They could send some really upset person to my house and no one knows what could happen. This has already happen once. How can I handle this with out going to court?

Last edited:
You can send a "cease and desist" letter to them that warns them if they do not stop telling this lie about you that you will have to take legal action against them. It should scare them into stopping. You really don't have a case for slander though if they push the issue because you have not really been damaged. I know it is annoying but how have you been damaged? Still I would send the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back