Slander from university admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

unistudent

I am a current student going through depression rehabilitation. The reason being, I was bullied in my first year, so I transferred. Then after being accepted at the new university, the admin told me in a rude manner that I am too dumb to be going there, and that I should never have gotten accepted. This caused me to go under depression throughout the year, and led me to do horrible in my year at this new university. I petitioned to either hide or remove a bad mark due to this reason, which was rejected. But since the uni admin was the reason for me to go into depression, is there anything that I can do?

This is mainly a US law forum. It seems you petitioned for a "change" in a "bad mark" & it was rejected. I'm not sure there is anything you can do.

You can hold & see if you get other replies/opinions.

I am a current student going through depression rehabilitation. The reason being, I was bullied in my first year, so I transferred. Then after being accepted at the new university, the admin told me in a rude manner that I am too dumb to be going there, and that I should never have gotten accepted. This caused me to go under depression throughout the year, and led me to do horrible in my year at this new university. I petitioned to either hide or remove a bad mark due to this reason, which was rejected. But since the uni admin was the reason for me to go into depression, is there anything that I can do?

The school is not and was not responsible for your depression. And that's assuming you even had proof of something.

I did not say the university was, I said a university admin, a person who works there... I do have proof of depression and accordingly it's this person's speech that caused me to have these symptoms. The speech does not have to be deliberate to cause harm and the symptoms can manifest at any time after the incident. The stimulus for these symptoms were what the person had said to me. Although obviously the person will unjustly deny such accusations.

For example... If you had a bad incident that left a mark in your life... and something later happens in your life which is now affecting your professional life in a major way, this New incident may happen whenever by whomever, but it was the stimuli to such pain. Do you not have the right to some sort of compensation in that situation?

It would be understandible that he is not liable if it affects just my personal life, but once it affects your professional life, that's not right. Professional, being a student at an institute.

Maybe you should have yourself committed to a mental rehabilitation institute to see if you respond to therapy?

You seem very fragile. Maybe six to ten months of staying home, getting therapy, avoiding people could be healing?

You might want to have them test you to see if the admin's assessment of your mental acumen is correct.

If it is, truth is a defense to slander!

Further on that note, I have done a psychoanalysis, by a professional and licensed psychologist, that tests a person on their mental(learning) capabilities and have been assessed correctly as an above average student with capabilities to excel in university. Which deems the admins assessment of me false.

The tests do use empirical data and facts to justify its use

Let me put this as politely as I can.

US law and Canadian law are not the same. In the US, if you attempted to bring any kind of legal action on this basis, it would not only be thrown out but you would likely be yelled at by the judge (and possibly fined by the court) for wasting his time.

And to clarify further, you cannot prove that your depression was a result of X. It's very simply not possible. If anything, the fact that some words caused you (in your opinion at least) to suffer so drastically would make it very easy for the other side to make a valid claim that "I could have said I didn't like his/her shoes and it would've been taken the wrong way".

I have a bruise on my big toe. I could say that it was the dog's fault because the dog was really needing to go outside and I tripped...but do you really think the dog could be blamed?

Further on that note, I have done a psychoanalysis, by a professional and licensed psychologist, that tests a person on their mental(learning) capabilities and have been assessed correctly as an above average student with capabilities to excel in university. Which deems the admins assessment of me false.

The tests do use empirical data and facts to justify its use

After this post, I'm going to presume you're bored with nothing better to do.

Because the alternative is actually a bit worrying.

It seems you had depression even before you started at this new school. I don't see any type of case - not if you were in the US anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back