Slander from a fellow employee (MN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryswe

last week during work I became upset by the actions of a fellow employee (we'll call him Bob). before it got out of hand i took a break to collect myself. After a few minutes I returned to the work area and Bob walked over and stood near me to take care of something. when he did, i jokingly put my arm onto his shoulder and asked "are we ok?". Bob became very tense and stated i was invading his space.

I realized he was uncomfortable with what i did, so i walked away.

The following day Bob reported to the manager that i had assaulted him and Bob stated he was going to call the police. We have security cameras throughout the workplace, so the manager reviewed the security tape and stated that what he saw was nothing like Bob had described to him and didn't percieve what i did as assault.

yesterday, I was talking with another employee, and she stated that Bob has been showing bruises to other employees and claiming that I assaulted him.

last night, i asked Bob "why are you telling people i assaulted you". He replied "you did and you should be thankful i haven't called the police. I think i'll call them now and press charges". i asked Bob "you are claiming that i grabbed you violently"? Bob replied "yes, you did". I left it at that.

I realize that i shouldn't have touched him, but at no time did I threaten him with any violence and I never intended violence.

Is what he doing considered Slander? I want Bob, at the least, to apologize.

Yes, it's probably defamation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back