ski injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

eguven

The state or country I am talking about is: canada

Hi there,
Couple of weeks ago, I fell down and I injured my knee seriously. At that day, I went skiing and I was standing when I fell down. The ski conditions on the resort was terrible. There was not enough snow on the ground and they did not make the powder. The ski area was very icy. I was waiting for my husband and I did not realize that the ground I was standing on was very icy. All of a sudden, I started to move and could not stop because of the icy ground. I turned facing up hill and fell down backwards twisting my knees so much. I had meniscus and ACL because of this accident. I had my first surgery 3 days ago. I will continue rehab program and then I will have second surgery for ACL repair. Then again rehab program. I am not able to go to work, my husband could not work as he had to take care of myself and my son. This will go on like this for a long time.
I was not an expert skier. However I was able to ski and control myself. I believe, I might not have had this accident, if the ground was not so icy.
I sent the ski resort e-mails explaining my situation. However, I did not receive any e-mail from them. What are my rights? Can I claim some compensation from the ski resort?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back