Ski Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

lab84

I reside in Massachusetts but my Injury was sustained in New Hampshire. Approx. 3 weeks ago, I went to a Loon Mountain Resort Lodge to try my hand at skiing ( I hadn't skiied for 8-9 yrs.) I was given ski's that were just waxed, took the Gondola to the top of the mountain and as I was riding up looked down to see the sparkling ICE conditions which I was not made aware of. (I was with a friend who ski's often and was told that she was extremely afraid of the conditions and feels that the trail shouold have been closed that day.) I got to the top and the only way down despite my fear was to ski down. I almost immediately "wiped out" on the ICE. My skis did not come off and lodged somewhat into the mountain as I fell so hard. I heard my knee pop and was in excruciating pain. It was approx. 1/2 hour or so before someone helped me. I went to the Doctors and am now facing ACL/MCL (Tom Bradys Exact Injury) Surgery on MArch 11. I am currently unemployed and have no insurance. I feel that the resort was negligent in allowing seasoned skiiers let alone novices on this trail on that particular day. Do I have any legal recourse? I am 24 yrs. old, cannot look for a job until knee is healed and am very active otherwise. Thank you for any advice you can give to me in this situation.

I can't imagine a ski resort being held liable under the conditions you set out.

Read your lift ticket.

But, go to a personal injury lawyer to see what he says about your case.

If you had not been out Skiing for 8-9Yrs -- You should have went on the bunny hills first to get into the grove of skiing again--- instead you went on a real live hill and chanced it-- I would doubt you have any legal recourse – That is almost as bad as someone who has never skied before and takes the biggest mountain out there—why would this be the lodges fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back