Sisterly Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles_Grant

4 yrs ago I sold a partial annuity for $20,000 to finance my down payment on my family home. Because of my wife's past medical bills, we had problems getting financed for the remaining balance of approx. $17,000.

One creditor suggested if we have someone we trusted, we could put it in their name till the balance is paid. Sister Frankie couldn't wait to sign. Now I know why!

After my wife an I paid the down payment and paid every note for 4 years on the house, along with the property taxes for the first two yrs, wonderful sister frankie decides to start telling us who can and can't stay in the house with us. Of coarse that was the start of her Sisterly Love.

After her Love started flowing I tried to give her the real estate tax for the third year, only to have her throw it back at me stating, "You pay it!" So my wife did. We let the property go up for tax auction and purchased the tax lien in my wife's name.

Now it gets interesting and we don't know where we stand leagaly. Sister frankie recieved a letter from someone and became very irrate. I believe it had someyhing to do with the tax lien being in my wife's name. But anyway, she has retained an attorney and notified the creditor they are not allowed to accept any more loan payments from my wife or I. We are not allowed to get any information from this creditor, who's secretary happens to be personal friends with my wife. She also went to their office and retained a copy of everything in the folder.

My wife and I believe she is going to try to evict us out of OUR home or just not pay the house note and let the loan default causing us even more legal problems.

Do we have any recoarse to save our family home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back