Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Simple Possession/ First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cates88

Hi

I was charged with simple possession of marijuana in Muary Co. TN. This is my first offense and i have no clue what the outcome will be. I don't have a lawyer and cant afford one.I probably going to get a public defender and apply for the pre trial diversion program. I have no clue what i need to do, or how to do it.I am guilty of this charge but i cannot have this on my record. I have court on Wed of next week so a fast response would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hi

I was charged with simple possession of marijuana in Muary Co. TN. This is my first offense and i have no clue what the outcome will be. I don't have a lawyer and cant afford one.I probably going to get a public defender and apply for the pre trial diversion program. I have no clue what i need to do, or how to do it.I am guilty of this charge but i cannot have this on my record. I have court on Wed of next week so a fast response would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

First of all, you are NOT guilty of anything.

You are cloaked in the presumption of innocence.

The state must PROVE the charges lodged against you.

You help them when you say, "I'm guilty."

You don't need to afford a lawyer for a case such as this.

Starting right now, say NOTHING about this to anyone.

You have the RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, for your sake, USE IT!

Plead NOT guilty, until and unless YOUR lawyer advises you other wise (and YOU agree)!!!!

This is YOUR trial and YOUR life.

You need ONLY to assist in YOUR defense, NOT in YOUR LYNCHING!!!

If you want this NOTHING charge to go away, please do exactly as I've instructed you.

In the end, if you stay quiet, admit to nothing (THIS IS ANOTHER RIGHT YOU POSSESS), and listen ONLY to YOUR lawyer; this will all be a bad memory.

Good luck!!!!

Thanks. I have one more question. If i told the cops i had it in my possession could they use that against me in court?

Oh hell, yes, they are going to use that against you in court! NEVER EVER assume that a cop is being friendly. There's a reason that they say anything you say can and will be used against you.

NEVER talk to cops! There's a good video put out by the ACLU that has some reenactments of people being arrested, and they stress it over and again: DO NOT TALK TO COPS! Never let them in your home, never consent to a voluntary search, nothing. Even if you think you've got nothing to fear, you do not talk to them, do not let them in your home, allow them to search your vehicle, anything. If they suspect you of a crime, you have to regard them as your enemy and assume that every time you open your mouth to say something you are harming yourself.

BTW, what is simple possession of mj in Tennessee? I'm not familiar with the legal terms for mj possession (thank God).

I know that in Florida, years ago, they used to let people go with a $100 fine for possession of small amounts of mj, but Florida has since cracked down terribly on marijuana laws.

In my state, NC, anything under four grams is legal. It really makes no sense, when you read the rest of the laws. You can't buy it or sell it, or trade it for anything of value. And you cannot produce it yourself. So if you do have four grams, how'd you get it? I don't know, but you are within the law to have that much or less.

And if you have any paraphenalia, like a pipe, you have to pay a cannabis tax on it, or when/if they arrest you, that's yet another charge they throw at you. This is being challenged for violation of fifth amendment rights, ie, how would go about legally paying the tax that you owe on your pipe, if they can then go to your residence and arrest you for having a resin-coated pipe?

Makes no sense, but some decriminalization (the four grams) is better than none.

I have no idea what the laws are in Tenn, though.

we were pulled over and he said he smelled the weed so he started making everyone get out of the car. Then the driver, said that he could search the car so it went out of my hands on that one. He asked if any of us had anything, and i simply took the charge. To tell you the truth the cop saved my butt. I had a ounce and since i was truthful he dropped it down to under half an ounce and let me go with a sitation. Um the charge for simple possesion down here is 11-29 possible jail time or probation i think..google it. lol But this is my first offense so at this point im so confused on what direction i need to take. ive had so many people tell me different things...so i dont know what is gonna happen.

we were pulled over and he said he smelled the weed so he started making everyone get out of the car. Then the driver, said that he could search the car so it went out of my hands on that one. He asked if any of us had anything, and i simply took the charge. To tell you the truth the cop saved my butt. I had a ounce and since i was truthful he dropped it down to under half an ounce and let me go with a sitation. Um the charge for simple possesion down here is 11-29 possible jail time or probation i think..google it. lol But this is my first offense so at this point im so confused on what direction i need to take. ive had so many people tell me different things...so i dont know what is gonna happen.

You've learned a valuable lesson about yourself.

You aren't a street thug.

So, dude, stop fronting.

From this point forward, don't break the law and don't hang with people that do.

You can't take back what you said.

You can say, that you didn't say it.

Until you get your own lawyer, say no more of this sordid business.

If they convict you, you'll get a deferred sentence.

That means you'll get probation, do a little community service, pay fine and costs (they'll let you make payment arrangements), stay out of trouble, and this will all be erased!

The government will give you a first bite at the apple.

So, stop worrying and just don't break anymore laws!!!!

Stop worrying? It's a criminal conviction. It's not going to go away.

Sure, the cop was lenient, which is a blessing, but he's still got something pretty serious to deal with.

It'll be erased? Huh? How so? If you mean expungement, that's not always available for any crime, and even if you do get an expungement, it will still show as something on the record. It's just left up to the imagination of whoever is looking at the record to imagine what it might be for. Expungements don't make things go away. They just don't tell you what the conviction is for.

GET AN ATTORNEY. If your only choice is the court appointed attorney, then use that one. If there is a pre trial program of sorts, find out what it is and if you think you can live with it.

And please, don't talk to cops anymore. And don't smoke weed in moving cars. Cops are all over the place. They love to write tickets, and cars that smell like weed are all that much more for the cops to do. Don't smoke in cars!

Army beat me to it. YOU ARE NOT GUILTY OF ANYTHING TILL A JUDGE SAYS YOU ARE GUILTY. Don't let those words or anything like that come out of your mouth ever. I know i seems silly but it isn't. NOT GUILTY is the only thing you say before you are given an attorney.

I wouldn't worry too much, you will be able to get a diversion program. You will however be required to stop using because for some period of time 1-2 years maybe, you might have to do drug tests. If you continue to use they will catch you and what could be over quietly won't be.

I know pot users think it's really ok and that it shouldn't be illegal. We aren't here to discuss what should be it is illegal. Every time you buy it you are committing a crime. When you possess it you are committing a crime. When you drive high you are committing a crime. When you share it you are committing a crime. I'm not preaching to you, I'm just telling you that odds are you will get caught again if you continue using.

This time you are going to get off lightly, the next time and the time after that won't be so much fun. Good luck.

Re:

I plead not guilty and qualified for a Court appointed lawyer. So my trial is June 21st. I keep getting comments that i screwed myself but im staying positive. Is there any thing i should be worried about? Thanks again for your help.

I plead not guilty and qualified for a Court appointed lawyer. So my trial is June 21st. I keep getting comments that i screwed myself but im staying positive. Is there any thing i should be worried about? Thanks again for your help.

Already, some good news!
You have a lawyer, just follow his advice.
I'm betting you'll get a deal.
If it sounds good, you might want to take it.
Worrying won't help, will it?
So, just stay positive and say nothing but, "NOT GUILTY".
The state has to prove their case.
Follow the advice of your attorney.
You can't unring the bell.
So, no need to cry over what could have been.
Just stay strong, and soldier on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back