Signing my rights away

Status
Not open for further replies.

kauzutz

I have a mother that is claiming I am the father of her unborn child. I do not wish to be apart of this childs life if in-fact it is my child for reasons I do not wish to discuss, however my question is if I sign my rights away before the child is born will I still be obligated for child support?

I have a mother that is claiming I am the father of her unborn child. I do not wish to be apart of this childs life if in-fact it is my child for reasons I do not wish to discuss, however my question is if I sign my rights away before the child is born will I still be obligated for child support?

IF paternity is established, you can wave your right to VISITATION but you can't sign the child's right to be financially support by both parents.

You cannot sign your rights away or do anything right now, the baby has not even been born yet. After the baby is born you cannot sigh your rights away unless the mother has a husband that is going to adopt. It doesn't matter for your reasons not wanting involvement. You should not have gotten her pregnant if you want nothing to do with her or her child. Luckily the state likely will not allow you to walk away from your responsibilities. Why should tax payers support your kid? If the mother and you mutually agree not to enforce your rights or file for child support that is between you 2, but if the mother files for it, you will be requird to pay child support if the child comes back as yours. Also if the mother goes on any sort of government assistance, she will be forced to identify the father.

At this point you do not even know if the child is yours. So wait until mom files for child support.

Last edited:
So it was ok to "wet your willy" but its not ok to suppor the results:rolleyes: Relax unless Mom takes you to court for paternity your off the hook. However if Mom seeks state aid the State will force her to name Father and you "will" pay support. If you had reasons not to be a Father you should have kept it in your pants:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back