Significant relationship busted/I own the property, he built a cabin on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondiepooh

My ex significant other and I broke up one month after I paid off the property we purchased together, although everything is in my name because he had no credit, is a tax evader and owes back childsupport.
We were together 7 years, he got a new girlfriend and then dumped me when I paid off the property. He is now claiming he has rights and that he should have SOLE control and veto power over the choice of realtor, the price of the property I want to sell and total control over accepting the price from a potential buyer. He has retained a lawyer and has made threats that if I don't accept his offers he will take ME to court. This man stayed at home so he could work on his dream of becoming a well known photographer and writer while I went to work and supported him by paying all the bills, letting him use my name for credit cards and the purchase of a brand new ATV. Yes I know, STUPID. Where can I go for help and do I have any rights? I had to move out and to another state because I could not live under the same roof as him, he was also mentally, emotionally and verbally abusive. He is STILL living in the cabin and on the property while I have to pay rent, had to buy a used vehicle, move out of state, etc. All my credit cards are pretty much maxed due to this person so I can't even get a lawyer on a credit card. Can anyone help??

You need to somehow get to an attorney. It seems though that since you were not married and his name is not on the house, you could probably evict him, or make him pay rent.

You basically helped him beat his child support and tax problems it sounds like. That wasn'a clue that he was a lousy person to get involved with?

It is entirely possible all you might have to do is pay him whatever dollar amount he put down, really only an attorney can best guide you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back