Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Significance of Miranda Rights in low profile cases(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiloMetropolis

Last night at approximately 9:30 p.m. , myself, as well as three other individuals were arrested for the possession of a controlled substance.

I am merely 17 years old, but I am aware of the fact that one of the biggest errors a defendant can make is questioning the morality of his actions, rather than the circumstances of the American justice system. So rather than focusing on where I've been, I personally find it beneficial to instead, focus on where I am going.

I choose to believe that the criminalization of marijuana is unjust and contradicts many implicated principles that are essentially attributed to our Bill of Rights, but I also believe it was wrong and unlawful for my friends and I to have been in possession of the substance within 1,000 feet of a drug-free school zone. So in term, I understand that we are in no position to accuse the accuser in order to justify our irresponsible decisions.

However, after a pivotal moment of recollection, I came to realize that the entire procedure of our arrest(s) was extremely elementary and unorthodox. We have yet to even hear the term "rights" escape from any Police officers mouth who was involved in our arrest(s). I researched the importance of these rights and found this mishap to be significant enough to present to a jury, and I would like to pursue this presentation. If this is an unreasonable aspiration, then I would at least like to attribute
this to the case.

Perhaps if I had not been verbally patronized for noting to an officer that I was a pacifist before customary searching procedures in order to ensure her that I did not intend to physically harm her or any other officer on the scene, and I would not attempt to do so because of my beliefs, I would pardon the absence of the Miranda rights during the arrest. Perhaps if the male officer involved was not using coarse and foul language in the manner that my 17 year old peers do while cracking numerous jokes about the nature of the arrest, one in which he stated that a pipe he had seized from the glovebox was better than the one he had at home, I would pardon the absence of the Miranda rights during the arrest. But since these factors were witnessed by five other individuals, one in which was not associated with the arrest, I am forced to pursue these wishes.

So does anyone have any concrete information on the importance of the Miranda Rights reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back