Signed Lease in CT- WANT OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klimborn

I signed a lease with a management company on June 11th. I asked for a copy of the lease that day, and was told that I could not receive a copy until after it had been completely signed by the corporate offices and the agent's boss (who was not present at the time I signed the lease). I was told that it wouldn't be sent until "closer to my lease start date" (which is July 1st). Two days later, I received news that changed my financial situation, and I immediately contacted the management company, asking them to void the lease. I also gave them written notice of my intent to do so. I was told that my lease had already been sent to corporate offices, so I couldn't work directly with them to "void the lease", but rather, the agent's boss would work with the company.

The company has been hard to get a hold of, and many of my phone calls/emails have not been returned. The only monies I have give the company is $50 for my application fee. No security deposit or first month's rent was given. I probably need a copy of the lease (which I was denied when I signed it) to know what my rights are here, but is there any way that I can get out of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back