Signature laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind letting us know if there is something specific you would like a copy of. Thanks.

In CA, there is a state law that says you are entitled to a copy of anything in your employer's personnel file on you that you have signed. To the best of my knowledge that law is limited to employment matters and is not applicable outside the employment area.

I just noticed you posted previously. Per your previous posts, it seems you might be interested in your employment info - see link above.

Betty3 & cbg, it's mostly in conjunction to documents. Long story short my company uses internal documents that they call "blue forms" (because of their color) which are used to report their legal department. The purpose of these documents are to "ensure" if we have to go to court we have the upper hand but it requires a signature down at the bottom so I am trying to find out by signing this form am entitled to a copy of it

... It's a shady process and our litigation lawyer has abused this information by keeping it until after a deposition (our deposition normally take place 2-3 years after the incident so most people will forget most details) once the deposition has taken place he then has the employee read the "blue form" afterwards in private so that when the transcript is sent to the you, it discredits you as a creditable witness because you'll have to go back and edit your deposition.

These files would not be personnel files, but betty3 thank you for trying to link my previous posts and this one. My previous matter was solve thank you though for the extra step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back