side yard easement not included in closing documents

C

CKML

Jurisdiction
Oregon
Today I received this email:

Congratulations on your recent closing on your new home! I'm contacting you today because there was a document regarding your side yard easement that was not included in your closing documents at escrow. I need to make arraignments with you to get this document signed and notarized at your earliest convenience. I am currently scheduling appointments for this for next week. The appointments only take 15 minutes and at that time I can answer any questions you have and read over the document with you before signing. Please let me know the date and time you have available and I will meet you at your home. I look forward to hearing from you!

I am not sure if this matters, but this is new construction. How should I proceed?

Cooperate and sign it. Ask questions at the meeting if you have any.
It isn't a trick. Not completing it might complicate things.

So even if they owe us warranty work they are dragging their feet on? My thought was waiting to sign until they complete the warranty work.

So even if they owe us warranty work they are dragging their feet on? My thought was waiting to sign until they complete the warranty work.

Why not meet with the people, ask your questions, see if things can be negotiated and everyone remains happy???

A B C = Always Behave Cooperatively

Don't seek trouble, because you often find much more trouble than you anticipated.

Back