1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

side yard easement not included in closing documents

Discussion in 'Easements & Right of Way Law' started by CKML, Mar 21, 2017.

1. CKML

CKML Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    Oregon
    Today I received this email:

Congratulations on your recent closing on your new home! I’m contacting you today because there was a document regarding your side yard easement that was not included in your closing documents at escrow. I need to make arraignments with you to get this document signed and notarized at your earliest convenience. I am currently scheduling appointments for this for next week. The appointments only take 15 minutes and at that time I can answer any questions you have and read over the document with you before signing. Please let me know the date and time you have available and I will meet you at your home. I look forward to hearing from you!

I am not sure if this matters, but this is new construction. How should I proceed?

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Cooperate and sign it. Ask questions at the meeting if you have any.
    It isn't a trick. Not completing it might complicate things.

3. CKML

CKML New Member

So even if they owe us warranty work they are dragging their feet on? My thought was waiting to sign until they complete the warranty work.

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Why not meet with the people, ask your questions, see if things can be negotiated and everyone remains happy???

A B C = Always Behave Cooperatively

Don't seek trouble, because you often find much more trouble than you anticipated.