Sick puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarsheka

I purchased a puppy not even a week ago asked the lady was he in good health she assured me he was when I asked to see paper work she showed me his registration and a paper she told me was just his release form for her to relase him to me Needless to say the next day he was sick I talked to the vet as well as her she told me that he probably had worms but she had dewormed 2x within 3 day 9-09 and 9-11 but she did say that in a week I am going to have to worm him again should have been my first CLUE. So vet told me he may have runny stool because of new enviroment (STRESS) so I left it at that. Buy day 5 he was lathargic deyhdrated and getting skinner mind you he alrready only wieghted 1lb. Took to the vet on Monday had an appt. on that Tuesday which would have been a week that I had him found out on the first visit he had PARASITES had to adminster medicine. Then took him right back was diagnosed with PARVO and had to put him to sleep that day or I was going to be reported tryed calling the lady left her messages of course didn't return call had to put him to sleep was trying to see if maybe she wanted him back because the treatment was around 800 just for3 days. She told me NO refund vet said she sold me a sick puppy should get money back she kept throughinG up this guarantee I never signed but I did put my name and address at the top her name is the only one at bottom for 48hr guarantee and she didn't date it either my guess is she had it already filled out and the new owner just had to fill out the contact info and she would date it then But she didn't Vet was so mad even gave me a paper stating that the puppy was sick before I got him. She also told me that mine was the last one but when she got hot cuz I asked for my money back she then revealed she sold 3more right after mine and guaranted they weren't sick tried to be nice and tell her the vet said chances are they are sick too she said didn't care already sold as well as mine MY PROBLEM NOW! wanted to see if I could sue her for puppy cost plus vet bill and if I even have a chance to come out with something at first I just wanted my money back but know it's just the principal of the matter you shouldn't do this to people as well as the poor suffering animals. I FILL LIKE I PAID FOR HIM TO TURN AROUND AND HAVE TO KILL HIM
PLAES HELP HELP HELP!!!:confused:

:yes:please make some paragraphs in your writing, and use some periods! I can't make heads or tails (pardon the dog pun) out of what you wrote. Further, you didn't really ask a question. What do you want to know? Can you sue her? Can you get your money back? I doubt you can, but you can sue. The portion about the "guarantee" was very unclear. If you want to write it again, leave out the details about how sick the puppy was, I get that. Tell me about the guarantee and use paragraphs and periods ;)

Okay the lady sold me the puppy and said that she told me was in good health . She never stated that there was a guarantee in fact she said the paper she gave me was a release form to release him to me. A day into having him he got sicked and I turned out he had Parvo as well as Parasites. I didn't know the puppy had a guarantee until I got to the vet and he asked me if I had one. I had to put him to sleep and I only had him for a week the vet said the guarantee doesn't matter because the puppy was sick before I got him. He even gave me a letter stating this for Proof. WAS TRYING TO SEE IF I COULD SUE HER FOR THE BILLS AND THE COST OFTHE PUPPY? And SORRY! for explaining the whole situation DIDN'T KNOW I WAS HANDING IN A REPORT!!!!!( USED PERIODS AND ONLY 1 PARAGRAPH)

You aren't handing in a report, but the way you wrote it the first time I was having trouble understanding your post so I couldn't help you. That's all.

So the lady who sold him said their was NOT a guarantee, but the vet said their WAS a guarantee but it didn't matter because the puppy was sick when you got him.

I'm still a bit confused. I'm not trying to be a smart aleck I promise!

Generally animals are sold "as is." But if there was a guarantee either expressly (by some sort of writing) or by statute (the laws of your state may have a guarantee for pets) you have something to collect on. I am curious about what the vet said. Can you explain?

You don't have a case here. It was your responsibility to verify any documentation and have the puppy checked on your own prior to purchase. Had you bought from a reputable business then maybe you would have a bit of an argument. Sounds like you bought from a private person and there is no way you could prove she knew the dog was sick.
Lesson learned... don't make the same mistake twice.

No she had a 48 hour guarantee that was at the bottom of the release paper. But she told me it was only the release paper she never stated a guarantee or even sayed that at the bottom of this paper was a guarantee. The vet asked if I had one and when we looked through the papers we seen it at the bottom and thats when he said she should have to give me my money back regardless of the 48hr guarantee because she sold me this puppy that was already sick (like how can you make a guarantee on this puppy that he is in good health if he is already sick). That's why he gave me a statement stating that the duration period for this Parvo and Parasite was before the puppy was given to me and that the parasite and the parvo had to have come from her.And he said that if needed she could contact him because he wanted to know if she had more puppies and if so chances are they had this too. But she was not going for that she stated to me that my puppy was the only one left through e-mails but when we talked on the phone she said she sold 3 more after mine and she knows they are not sick. My vet told me to call the humane society on her for her to be investigated because if she is selling these sick puppies she could not only make other dogs sick and die but children as well becuase of the Parasite.

Release form - there is where your remedy potentially lies. If you signed it and there are terms that say "as is" and you have had the ability to check out the puppy, then the words on that form which were a part of your agreement likely govern. The details of this agreement are murky at best and, as others have stated and i'll make more clear, it is up to you to prove your case. If you don't meet your burden, which it seems difficult to do here in that it was not an "as is" sale and that there were warranties and representations, then you don't win. Good luck and I hope the puppy gets better soon.

Law, I don't think the puppy is going to get better any time soon. She had to put it to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back