Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Should I Worry About the Police Searching My House?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainkton

Hello. I live in Indiana. In our city, three young girls have disappeared from the streets. They have turned up missing over a period of about 4 weeks. It has been in the news alot lately and one would be worried about the possibilty of the police looking their way in an investigation. I am wondering whether the police have a right to come to one's house in an attempt to question someone about the kids whereabouts, even though no evidence has apparantly been left at the scenes. If they do, can one tell them they can not have a look in their basement without a warrant? Also, can one get the death penalty if the police find the children in one's basement when the police had no right to be nosing around there in the first place and it appeared that they all choked to death on food? Also, would it be grounds for a warrant if one went out and purchased a bunch of lyme during all this? These girls were probably runaways and the news people make them look like they were angels or something. They had to have been really rotten individuals to stay out late without supervision. Do you think that insanity defenses have a chance if one has been commited to psychiatric wards several times during their lifetime? Would the fact that someone has been commited several times in their lifetime be grounds for a search warrant? One does not need all of this worry and commotion in their lives.

What?!?!

Are you a whacked out killer, or just a loon? :mad:

- Carl

plainkton said:
Even assholes like you should know that people are innocent until proven guilty.

If you did not do the things you wrote, then don't worry about it ... if you did do it, then may you rot in Hell.

- Carl

If I do wind up in Hell, I'll pay your mother a visit.

Cute.

So, why is it you are asking this bizarre question? Did you do it? Or, are you scared that you might be accused of doing it?

- Carl

Thanks. I am asking because people might get the wrong idea if they were to find some kids who all had the misfortune of choking to death on food in someone's house around the neighborhood where they turned up missing. These sort of things happen all the time and it'd be a terrible miscarrage of justice for one to be exposed because of a terrible accident that happened three times over. Coincidences are a peculiar thing and it'd just look bad if that were to happen to anybody in the community. If I were law enforcement, I would be more concerned about the evil parents of girls that leave them wandering about neighborhoods at all times of day and night, rather than the individuals who find themselves suspect because of no fault of their own. People choke to death on food all of the time and coincidences happen all of the time also.

I would think that if the police found that three minor girls had died choking on food in anyone's home, that person would be an instant suspect in murder. What are the odds of that happening? And why would the girls have been there?

This seems so bizarre to worry about ... in all my years I have yet to come across a minor's death by choking on food.

As for law enforcement focusing on the parents of these children that wander around, that's a valid point. But, one has to look at the reasons the child is wandering. A child in a good home coul still be a bad seed. And parents' options are frequently limited ... they cannot usually lock their child in a room, put bars on their windows, shackle them to beds, or otherwise beat them into submission. Sometimes the kids just defy the parents and take off. To charge the parents in all these situations would be unreasonable.

Why are you so focused on this food choking thing? And what was up with the part about the lyme? And, yes, if someone was somehow connected with the disappearance or death of the girls and they were found to have recently purchased lyme powder, they WOULD be in instant suspect of homicide.

- Carl

I would think that if the police found that three minor girls had died choking on food in anyone's home, that person would be an instant suspect in murder. What are the odds of that happening? And why would the girls have been there?

This seems so bizarre to worry about ... in all my years I have yet to come across a minor's death by choking on food.

As for law enforcement focusing on the parents of these children that wander around, that's a valid point. But, one has to look at the reasons the child is wandering. A child in a good home coul still be a bad seed. And parents' options are frequently limited ... they cannot usually lock their child in a room, put bars on their windows, shackle them to beds, or otherwise beat them into submission. Sometimes the kids just defy the parents and take off. To charge the parents in all these situations would be unreasonable.

Why are you so focused on this food choking thing? And what was up with the part about the lyme? And, yes, if someone was somehow connected with the disappearance or death of the girls and they were found to have recently purchased lyme powder, they WOULD be in instant suspect of homicide.

- Carl

Well, I guess one is not in a pickle until they come knocking at the door. So far it has been quiet, real quiet. What about this? The girls could have all died while the Heimlich maneuver was being implemented wrong.

Just the fact you felt like you need to mention all of this is a little freaky. Seriously, if you haven't done anything, why worry about the girls and the police? What business is it to you? This is extremely confusing…

Just the fact you felt like you need to mention all of this is a little freaky. Seriously, if you haven't done anything, why worry about the girls and the police? What business is it to you? This is extremely confusing…

It is just alarming when one reads the newspaper clippings I cut out and see these things in actual print. I mention it because it keeps me up pretty late worrying about what happened to these poor girls. Let's face it, it's just not safe anymore to be wandering around after dark, and now people who never locked their doors at night are starting to. I never even answer my door, let alone leave it unlocked. One just gets an eerie feeling around here after dark, and it is something that is hard to put ones' finger on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back