Should I wait till the arraignment to hire an attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amga49

Hello,

I was falsely arrested and charged with 3 misdemeanors (Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest without violence, and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit). The cop also reported that I was intoxicated, which is also false since I don't do drugs and haven't drank alcohol in over 2 years...however there wasn't any sobriety test or breathalyser done to prove intoxication.

The weapon I had concealed was a 3"75 fishing knife that I use as a tool at my job and for emergencies. I am not a criminal and never intended to use it for criminal purposes.

I spoke to some attorneys and other people and they said that based on the truth of the story of the incident of when I got arrested, I am completely innocent and am likely that all charges would get dismissed. The truth is the cops here misjudged the incident and used brutality on me when I was aided the incident that I was involved in. Its really a unbelievable story to anyone who isn't aware of police injustice in Miami Beach and other major cities in America.

Now I know I am innocent, but before I decide to hire a attorney just incase I have trouble proving my innocence, I want to know if I should wait after the arraignment date coming up next Friday, or should I go ahead and decide whether to hire an attorney now? The reason I ask this question is because I am not sure if my charges can be dismissed at the arraignment when I please not guilty. If they can be dismissed and there is no possibility that I can be judged guilty at the arraignment, then I think it's financially wise to wait before making a decision because all charges will no longer stand against me and will be swiped off my record.

Can anyone please answer my question? And perhaps offer some additional information and advice on my situation?

You need a lawyer to help tell your part of the story, negociate, and help get the charges dismissed with a finding of not guilty( So you can get it off your record immidiately).It is better to use a skillful lawyer.........you don't know the law enough to do it alone.......You can't get it dismissed at your pleading hearing with a lawyer and procecutor agreement.....

Hire an attorney now. Charges won't be dismissed at an arraignment unless the prosecutor decides to drop the case. Do you have a copy of the police report?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back