should i get a lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

magalfar

i was wondering if i should go aftert the police man for harrasment, simple assault or terroristic threat and what the chances of me winning were

here is the situation

On the morning of Thursday, April 17, 2008, at about 8:05 am while at the bus stop for Crafton Elementary at the corner of Fountain and Sycamore. I witnessed an incident that occurred. After the students boarded the bus, a parent approached the bus, and asked the bus driver if he coulod have had a word with him. He stepped onto the first step of the bus, and the bus driver promptly closed the door on him, and started beeping the horn. They continued talking, and the bus driver got onto his cb and called into Laidlaw. The Laidlaw safety unit showed up and approached the bus. The safety unit instructed the bus driver to keep the doors closed. At that point the Crafton police chief showed up and entered the bus with his tazer out.

He asked the subject if "he would get off the bus." The subject replied yes. The subject walked on his own down the bus steps, as he reached the second step the chief turned around and pulled him down by the shirt. When they exited the subject ask the chief if he could talk to him, the chief holstered the tazer and proceeded to put both of his hands on the subject and shove him backward, while screaming " you never get on that fucking bus, do you hear me. The subject asked the chief why he was doing this. The chief again pushed him back and screamed"you don't ever step foot on that fucking bus.". Then placed his hand on the subject's upper chest area and pushed him toward the car. At this point I was getting concerned. So I told the subject. "Hey I will stand here to make sure that nothing happens to you man" at hearing this chief turned around and charged at me from the middle of the street. I was standing at the sidewalk, he got inches from my face screaming, " if you have anything to say , go to the fucking station and do a statement" . I back up and told him I had no problem with him doing his job, at all. But that as the subject stood there with his arms at his side, and he pushed him around giving him no reasonable commands. I thought that was wrong. I told the chief I understood it wasn't smart to get on the bus,. The chief then proceeded to scream at me, "if you had gotten on that bus I would have thrown you through the fucking window." At this point I was in shock at being threatened with violence form a police officer.

After this incident I promptly went to the police station, to fill out a report, pr police misconduct report. I was told that the chief would be back in 5 minutes. He would talk to me then. I explained to the secretary that the incident in question had involved the chief, and I would not be comfortable talking to him about it. She told me the other officer was busy, there was nothing she could do. At that point the other officer came out as he had just finished a witness statement with the Laidlaw safety person and called me into his office. I told him that I was there to file a report about the behavior of the chief. He told me he wanted a statement, and I could tell him everything in that. So I proceeded to tell him, what I had described above about the subject. When he got to the point of when the chief arrived he said that was all he needed. I told him I had some problems with the chief. He replied that he was sorry and couldn't handle that. I asked how I can fill out a police misconduct report; he had no answer for me. He told me to remember that the police chief had bosses to so he would start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back