Assault & Battery Should I be concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiana0827

Hi,

I am wondering if I should be concerned :/. My stepdaughter has been acting more unusual within the past 6 months. She never really wanted to go back with her mother when it is time to go home. She's only 2 so I just wrote it off to terrible 2's. In the summer, she had a black eye with no explination as to how she got it. Now when her mother comes to pick her up she runs and hides and starts kicking her mother and holds on to us??? Or if we go to drop her off and she sees her home, she starts shaking her head no. She has no emotion towards her mother. And by emotion I mean, no excitement after not seeing her for long periods of time, or if her mother hugs her she pushes her away or kicks her.

Is this something to bring to someone's attention???

She's 2. I'm sorry, but 2 year olds are probably the most unpredictable creatures on the planet.

A black eye is concerning, yes - but if DAD was worried he could have done something about it at the time. It's now a non-issue.

She's likely VERY confused about the whole custody situation.

So before we go further - what IS the custody situation?

If you have concerns about the safety and well being of any child, contact the police. The police will investigate the matter thoroughly and involve other agencies as necessary. The child may be two, but what you describe should be investigated. It is better to be safe than sorry where children (especially babies) are concerned.

Most two year olds can't articulate what is happening to them. The child's mother probably isn't harming her. The culprit in these matters is often mom's live in boyfriend.

If this were my baby, I'd report it, even if the black eye is healed. Other old injuries can be found and child care agency workers and the police can get the child to reveal "dark" secrets.

Ok with the black eye he took her to the ER and I called CPS. The case was unfounded. Both parents have joint custody but the mom still likes a party life so she lives her with us more. But when she's mad cause we ask why the baby has a bruise or why is she throwing up while crying, she tries to cut his visitation hours even if the court papers say otherwise. But thank you for the advice.

A 2 year old with a black eye? Yikes...I would definitely be concerned, even more so if the mother starts freaking out and wanting to cut the father's visitation just because he asks questions...but, visitation is always a tricky thing, as are children. I have a 3 year old who is ALWAYS covered in bruises (including on her face & head). But, you can tell by her reaction to both of us that we are not the ones beating her or anything. Her reaction to her mom could be insecurity from the custody arrangement, but that's usually only if it's a new arrangement.

A 2 year old with a black eye? Yikes...I would definitely be concerned, even more so if the mother starts freaking out and wanting to cut the father's visitation just because he asks questions...but, visitation is always a tricky thing, as are children. I have a 3 year old who is ALWAYS covered in bruises (including on her face & head). But, you can tell by her reaction to both of us that we are not the ones beating her or anything. Her reaction to her mom could be insecurity from the custody arrangement, but that's usually only if it's a new arrangement.

I know you've only just registered but please don't answer months-old threads. This OP hasn't been back since February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back