Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting under $200 IN NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugene2026

i WANT CAUGHT IN NJ SHOPLIFTING. MY TOTAL THAT I STOLE WAS 104.00. WHAT ARE MY CHARGES AGAINST ME . WILL I GET LOCKED UP FOR IT BECAUSE IT IS MY FIRST OFFENSIVE. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP

For the amount you stole, it comes under petty theft misdemeanor. First time offenders, usually the judge will not send you to jail, although he can for one year plus a substantial fine. And if convicted in court, it will be on your record. This happened to me. I was at Safeway and stole an item for 16.00. I had to sign an agreement with Safeway for restitution in the amount of 165.99. Since this was my first offense, Safeway offered a compromise to my case when I went to court, in that I paid what was due and there would be no further actions. In between all of this, I decided to take it upon myself to contact the prosecutor, I explained what happened. He was very understanding. He said he would move to dismiss since I had taken care of my obligation with Safeway and also it would not be on my record. When I went to court on the following day the Judge called me up and asked if I plead guilty or not guilty to the charges of theft. I told the Judge that I had been in touch with the Prosecutor office and you know the rest. The judge said I was free to go. If you can work out something before going to court, that would be the best way to go. I hope this information helps you.

You are lucky, snowbird. I am in a predicament with Wal-mart, who had an officer detain me once I stepped outside their store (in fact, I was led out the door by their loss protection agent right to the officer). They handed me right over to the law without any time in between, and Wal-mart always prosecutes to the full extent of the law, which I found out afterward. I don't know what that will mean when it goes to court, but it sure is scary. Wal-mart is not forgiving and has the law already there to deal with you so that they don't have to deal with you themselves. The corporate office will decide how much restitution I must pay, and I don't know how long I have to wait to find that out, but it will be separate from the criminal penalties they are seeking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back