Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting turned burglary

Status
Not open for further replies.
same ole defence but new problem.

Okay
As above mentioned a plea bargain was reached and all going well on the demands of the state are being met.
But a new problem has arisen in this case.
While jailed my wife had to be transported to the emergency room of a local hospital twice. These visits to the emergency room were caused by refusal of the los angelas sherriffs department refusing required Prescriptions to be allowed in the jail facility.
Now the los angelas sherriffs department is not paying for transportation to and from local hospitals and with a recent phone conversation with the local hospital administration are not paying for any medical bills for jailed in,mates.
From what I was told by the adminstration of the hospital the los angelas sherriffs department has refused payment of all bills for the last 6 months.

Okay where do I go from here.
When my wife required emergency services, She was told that the sherriffs department would foot the bill prior to transporting her to the hospital.
2nd my insurance was not involved because these costs were suppose to be resolved by the sherriffs department. so our insurance was not involved for these visits.
3rd My insurance will not cover these bills because these are considered non emergency visits and proper notification to an autherized hospital was not given ( if medication was administered properly then emergency would have never arisen. )

Do I have a legal case here against the los angelas sherriffs department or am I just another unfortunate sole who is going to lose everything because a mistake was made in the first case.

Please .... If you have your input of " the crime should have never been committed " the back off.
My kids my family are going to lose there home and I will probably ose my carreer over this

i am in the same case with you but charge was petty theft with a prior, however the district attorney didnt filed a charge against me. i never heard those alot financial sues are so huge amount against you. i think in california civil damage it is 50 to 500 dollars and wal mart didnt send me anything yet. i agree with you that this is outrageous. tort and penal code is two different unities. if you please no contest, they cant sued you that what i heard and no one have been sues for that much over a theft on a store. it is her first offense so i think she will got to a shoplifting program (sa) and porbation plus some hours of community services. is the case over yet?

A plea of no contest does NOT prevent a civil suit or claim by the business. What it effectively means is that it cannot be used as an admission of guilt.

This post is a few months old and the original poster is likely no longer present. It might behoove you to keep with current topics instead of digging back deeper and deeper into the archives.

- Carl

i never heard of that financial dieaster over a petty theft but the problem is that he (she) have a medical program. that why we must becareful who we voted for office to make the laws. today we have President Obama and hope he nationalized universal health care.

This has nothing to do with nationalized health care. And, with any luck, we won't see the creation of such a disastrous idea.

- Carl

Just a quick reply of the outcome of this case.
1) medication was used in the defence.
2) Psychiatric evaluations proved that medications did alter the decisions of right from wrong. was Posted as a suicidle attempt to get attention. Also note suicidle is not always used as life ending but can also be used as destroying oneself to get attention.
3) the case did end in mistomeneor charges with both counts merged into one. Agreed by both the DA and attorney. ( Plea Deal) Not readily accepted by the judge but with further argument was then granted.

Okay as far as the restitution goes.

1) $500 for restitution of stolen property.
2) $3,000 for security reimbursement
3) from corporate $12,000 for loss of customers due t9o the incedent that occured and the customers that were viewed on the video tape as security handled the children and defendent customers fled in disgust and left the store. ( Note this last demand is coming from out of country and we do have attorneys persuing these)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back