Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting-Petty Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasehelpII

Please help me. Yesterday I was caught switching the price tags on two controllers. One was 38.95 the other was 19.99. Basically I attempted to get the $40 controller for $20. I was taken to the back where the loss prevention officer collected my information. Then he called the KC kansas police. I am a resident of MO. Since the incident took place in KS the police to me to the county jail, photographed and fingerprinted me and held me there for about 8 hrs. I got at the jail at 5ish in the afternoon and was released at 1:30 am. This is my first offense, the only other thing I have is a parking ticket. The store(Nebraska Furniture Mart) is making me pay the difference in cost of the two items. I have a court date in 2 weeks. I was going to send the store a letter appologizing and also requesting not to be prosecuted. Will is affect my permenant record? I am in dental school and dont want anything to screw that up. What will the sentence possibly be? Do I need to get a lawyer before the court date. PLease help, as I am very scared and dont know what to do. Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back