Shoplifting in Canada while on a Student Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy0001

I should STOP stealing, right?

Hello,

My International Student got caught Shoplifting. What are the consequences if charged? Will it affect the Student Visa?

2 acts of a violation of parliamentary rules not in the same occurrence is grounds for their status to be reviewed for a removal order.

Hello,

My International Student on Student Visa caught shoplifting. What are the consequences of this? How to defend the charges? Theft was over $2000.00 happened in Ontario.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to see an Attorney familiar with both criminal and immigration law in your area. This is a US based site

Hello,

My International Student got caught Shoplifting. What are the consequences if charged? Will it affect the Student Visa?

2 acts of a violation of parliamentary rules not in the same occurrence is grounds for their status to be reviewed for a removal order.

Hello,

My International Student on Student Visa caught shoplifting. What are the consequences of this? How to defend the charges? Theft was over $2000.00 happened in Ontario.

See a barrister in Ontario.

Just stop stealing.

You need a Canadian law forum or talk to a barrister in your area - probably best to talk to a barrister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back