Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItisMEjustme

Hi,
Today I was caught shoplifting at Kmart ... stupid I know, and never will I do that again! Anyway, I was given a citation by the police officer to go to the magistrate court.

Two questions ...
1 ... Will this show up on my record with background checks, etc? I work in the medical field and I can't exactly have a "record"
2 ... How do I know what the fee will be??

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ... Will this show up on my record with background checks, etc? I work in the medical field and I can't exactly have a "record"

If convicted yes

2 ... How do I know what the fee will be??

The Judge will tell you

I know someone with contacts within an Anti Shoplifting group. They have programs judges smile upon. Contact me and I will give you that info

Is a citation grounds for a conviction? I was told I just take my citation and pay the fee ... I don't go before a judge, at least that is my understanding!

Thanks for your help! I would contact you, but I'm new here and have no idea how! :)

All it says is ...
My personal info (Name, address, etc)
The store name and address
Then Charge - Shoplifting and the amount ($36.56)

Then it has the information on where to go and by what date.

That's it ... it doesn't say much, it looks a lot like a speeding ticket :)

Its a "Notice to appear" that date you said are to arrive is your court date! The violation code should be there as well. You are facing criminal charges and criminal record!

Yes there is a code, however it's hard to make out.
The part I don't understand (sorry for all the questions and ignorance in the matter) is if it was a court date wouldn't it be a set date and time, not go here before X date??

I dont see what your looking at nor have you told us the penal code. What I am telling you is theft "shoplifting" is a criminal offense! This means its not an infraction, like a ticket, you pay and go on your way. We cant help you much since you dont seem to know much yourself. No offense meant. Contact the court and ask them

No offense taken ... I don't know much! :)

All I can make out for the violation code is 61-317-3 which probably doesn't help any.

I'll call the magistrate office Monday. Thanks again for your time

Yes it does help. 61-3 is code for theft or shoplifitng in WV a misdemeanor. You shoud consult an Attorney and plan a defense or plea bargain plan

And don't be surprised if you receive in the mail from
K-Mart, their attorneys, or a third party collection agency
a Civil Demand for restitution. This could be as much as
$500. This is legal and it is advised that you pay it. Not
paying it could land you in civil court with fees in the thousands

This is separate from your court issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back