Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting got caught, police was present?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just got back in US.
I checked my mailbox and there isn't anything about the court or civil demand.

I'm afraid I gave them wrong address because I wasn't that calm during the whole process.

How long does it usually take for them to send me the letters?

I would contact the courts/store and make sure your address is current. It is your responsibility to make sure that you keep the courts/store informed of your current address.

If the address is incorrect and they send letters in the mail, you cannot use the defense that there was an incorrect address as the courts don't buy it. That could mean warrants issued for your arrest, extra fines and fees attached to the civil demand.

It is not that big of a deal just to call the store and verify that the address you gave them was current and accurate.

Side note, if you have a state issued ID, please make sure that it has your current address as some people move frequently but do not notify the state of their new address resulting letters going to old addresses etc.

There is no max since we do not know how much time will be spent working on your case. My "guess" (its only a guess) the min would be $50.00

I see...

I had contacted an attorney for a free consultation.
What he suggested was that I could contact the prosecutor and beg him/her to cancel the lawsuit.

1> Does it sound reasonable?
2> What are the negative consequences of that case?

I'm sorry I keep putting up the questions.
But you guys are the only ones I can get help from.
Please help me one more time.

I just read about HYTA and 7411 program in Michigan.
It says I should 'plea guilty' to get into HYTA program.

I've been thinking about getting a PD just bc to get into Diversion program.

1> isn't it upon my luck to get into HYTA program if I were to 'plea guilty'?
I mean it's going to be up to the judge to give me the charge or HYTA.
Or do I have right to ask the judge for HYTA program at my court trial?

2> Which do you recommend, HYTA or Diversion (meaning PD)?

3> I feel like you've answered this but I'm just not sure.
If I plea guilty, will I have a conviction on my record FOREVER unless the judge gets me into diversion or HYTA?

4> I'm going into music (classical music performance and teaching area), will I be affected in my future for having this on my record? this question, I'm just wondering. I'm not being stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back