Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataliya

Hello,
I am embarrassed to say that I shoplifted (food) and was caught, yesterday. I got citation to set the court date…I don't know what to do…I am afraid to tell my husband and I am afraid that my wrong actions now will not let him go back into the government related position. What was I thinking…we are already in this financial hole, we are bounded to pay high child support that leaves my 2 kids with no food on the table or ability to buy them clothing. I cannot have a record…what do I do…somebody help me…please! I am going to call NASP on Monday and see if they can help me to take that shoplifting class
:blush

The NASP is great start.

It would also be wise to talk to an Attorney many offer free consultations get as many as you can. When you meet with these Attorneys ask them about diversion this should help protect your record

So if I face the judge I should not plea guilty?
I hope yr sogestions can help me...my husband is trying to get a better job and they check they check the back round of his relatives...I am so ashamed...I can't even look in my husbands eyes...I didn't tell him yet...it will crash him! I pray to God that there is something can be done to prevant it to be in my record the bed thing is that I do not have money to pay for all these...

I live in Florida, do u know if they have this program here and could you please define me Diversion.
Thank you.

Diversion programs as their availability vary by county ask your Attorney. If I had to sum up what Diversion does it works like this (please remember this is not a guarantee you need to ask) in exchange for a guilty or no contest plea you will get fines, community service (possible classes) and probation. Once you complete program (6 mos to one year) your case is dimissed. This means "no criminal record" and when ask about convictions you can say no without lieing

OMG it's a long program...Do you know by any chance how much the fines can be? I don't even have the money to feed my kids...what am i gonna do...the lesson learned!

Can you please tell me, what questions I should ask the attorney on my free consultation, hopefully I'll get one today?
Could you please also answer on my previous question.
Thank you.

nataliya said:
Can you please tell me, what questions I should ask the attorney on my free consultation, hopefully I'll get one today?
Could you please also answer on my previous question.
Thank you.
Never mine about the "coat" answer I just saw that you already answered...thank you! BUt what questions should I ask the attorney on my free consultation?

I took food and some clothing on $168.00, so I am also wondering if i will recieve a civil demand in mail. they told me that it was possible and it would be around 150.00..should i pay it before my 1st appearence in court?

I talk to an Attorney and he wasn't willing to give much info...please tell me what questions can I ask the next one?

Yes, since it's the first offense, they all say it's likely to have a diversion...but in order for them to do it is so expensive...do you think the public defender will be able to help me? and how do I ask for help? Will they need my pay check or something?

Ok, so I'll ask the court today.

Thank you.

Also, do u think that the public defender will do a good job? I mean it's not like I killed any one...even though i feel so...

I can't believe that you guys have such website for people like me...I feel so low and not deserving...Thank you!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back