Shoplifting at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmaton

I am a mexican citizen and I was caught stealing a product worth 6 dollars at wallmart, I Was taken to a room I gave the product back, they got my name gave me a copy of some california laws and they told me to wait for a letter... WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME???? How much am i going to pay, will they take my passport???

I am a mexican citizen and I was caught stealing a product worth 6 dollars at wallmart, I Was taken to a room I gave the product back, they got my name gave me a copy of some california laws and they told me to wait for a letter... WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME???? How much am i going to pay, will they take my passport???

You'll get a demand scam letter demanding you pay $200, $300, some hundred dollars.

You pay the demand and they USUALLY go away.

No, they don't want your passport.

But, if you returned to Mexico, no one would be any the wiser, just don't come back here.

It can't be tat great for you, STEALING $6.00 trinkets, so returning to Mexico is an option.

Its PC 490.5 and state law. You got off lucky as this is a civil issue not criminal. You can rise to that if you ignore the letter. I work as a Loss Prevention professional and consult people like yourself and retailers on how to deal with retail theft issues. It is in your best interest to pay this as the consequences for not paying can be severe and long term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back