Shoplifting 2nd offense

Mrman97

I was caught shoplifting for my 2nd time the first time I just payed a fee what will my 2nd offense most likely be? Do I need an attorney the item was 11 dollars will I face jail time? I'm 18 years old my first offense was 2 years ago

I was caught shoplifting for my 2nd time the first time I just payed a fee what will my 2nd offense most likely be? Do I need an attorney the item was 11 dollars will I face jail time? I'm 18 years old my first offense was 2 years ago

You better stop all shenanigans after the latest bit of taking things owned by others has been put to rest.
This will likely be treated as a minor nothing event.
You appear as directed, plead not guilty, request a public defender be appointed to help you.
Then you wait until contacted, or you contact the PD.
You don't confess,admit, or explain.
You keep your mouth closed, except to say hello, goodbye, no comment.
Discuss the case only with your lawyer.
The other stupid hjinks was accomplished as a minor.
That means they'll see this one as your first and last free bite at their apple.
If things go your way, you'll get probation, pay some money, let time pass; you're golden again.
How much time, how much in fines, all that stuff, relax; the judge will reveal all soon.
Just stop this, otherwise you'll DESTROY any chance you have at a decent life.

I would get a lawyer & talk only to the lawyer. If you can't afford a lawyer, ask the court if they will appoint you a public defender. The lawyer/public defender will go over your options with you.

You say this is a second offense but first one all you did was pay a fine. Did you actually go to court or are you referring to Civil Demand which is unrelated to any criminal charges or case.

You say this is a second offense but first one all you did was pay a fine. Did you actually go to court or are you referring to Civil Demand which is unrelated to any criminal charges or case.

I was at court and pleaded not guilty and one of my options was to pay a fine and I chose that one

Back