Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifted 1 yr ago will i be charged

• Thread Starter still freaking out!!
  • Start date
Some counties list active warrants. If you're that concerned you can look online in the county it happened to see if you have a warrant or call the courthouse. I wouldn't go in person if I were you just in case you do have one...they'll arrest you right there if you have a warrant.

I lived at that address for 5 months following the incident. Do you think I wouldve received the summons by then?

Some counties list active warrants. If you're that concerned you can look online in the county it happened to see if you have a warrant or call the courthouse. I wouldn't go in person if I were you just in case you do have one...they'll arrest you right there if you have a warrant.

I'm just confused and worried and lost because:

1. I never saw a summons in the five following months I lived at the address, my roommate didn't collect one in the mailbox in the 2 months after that (leaving sept-nov unaccounted for) AND I provided LP with my mom's address too, just in case (she knew I wouldn't be at that apartment for good).

2. LP told me that if I paid the $250 fine, the problem would disappear (which i finished paying off over 10 months.)

Since they had BOTH address, would they send another summons to my moms house? I dont know ahh i'm so lost.

The statute on misdemeanors in MA is 6 yrs but it's already been 1.

If i call the office asking if theres a warrant out (MA doesn't post them online), will they investigate me, causing a warrant or summons to be sent out?

I'm just confused and worried and lost because:

1. I never saw a summons in the five following months I lived at the address, my roommate didn't collect one in the mailbox in the 2 months after that (leaving sept-nov unaccounted for) AND I provided LP with my mom's address too, just in case (she knew I wouldn't be at that apartment for good).

2. LP told me that if I paid the $250 fine, the problem would disappear (which i finished paying off over 10 months.)

Since they had BOTH address, would they send another summons to my moms house? I dont know ahh i'm so lost.

The statute on misdemeanors in MA is 6 yrs but it's already been 1.

If i call the office asking if theres a warrant out (MA doesn't post them online), will they investigate me, causing a warrant or summons to be sent out?
You don't have to say who you are just asking about a warrant. I doubt they investigate people who call and ask if someone has a warrant. Anyone can call and ask.

Its normal for a retailer to NOT press charges if Civil demand is paid and the statute of limitations for misdemeanor theft in most states is 6 months to one year NOT 6 years! If a warrant was issued its easy to find out ask any Police officer.

Its normal for a retailer to NOT press charges if Civil demand is paid and the statute of limitations for misdemeanor theft in most states is 6 months to one year NOT 6 years! If a warrant was issued its easy to find out ask any Police officer.

Massachusetts Criminal Statute of Limitations Laws - FindLaw

right here it lists that massachusetts has a 6 yr statute of limitations on misdemeanors.
why so long?

Also, a friend called the district court (i didn't tell her about my REAL problem, i pretended it was an unpaid traffic ticket and i was scared for a warrant.)
She said the woman, whom she actually knows, ran my name and said i'm all good. However, the theft happened in the county north of mine, do i have to call a different court?

so you think i'm in the clear? I feel awful about what i did and now the suspense of what could come from it is killing me
If something happens, it happens. There is NOTHING you can do to stop anything that may or may not happen. If you like living in a constant state of stress and anxiety, fine. That's your issue. But no one on here is going to alleviate your fears.

Just live your life. If you get arrested sometime, then you do. If you don't, you don't.

Back