Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shop lifting 2nd charge

Tpatzo2015

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Well I'm back. My dum dum bf didn't learn from his first shop lifting charge so he picked up another one. 1 month later. He has court the 26th of March.

This time it was at Safeway. $90.

I know the 3rd shop lifting charge in Arizona is a felony 4.

Also what does this mean?

*Sentencing Chart*

Be aware that Arizona law requires that a person convicted of the same misdemeanor within two years of the date of the present offense must be sentenced for the next higher class of offense for which the person currently stands convicted. A.R.S.

Does this mean sense his 2nd shop lifting charge he will get a felony 6. It was only a month apart.

Yes I'm working on finding another bf.

Also another question let's say he was shop lifting at Safeway for like 3 months but they didn't catch him can they still charge him for that? Let's say they had him on camra or something. I'm not sure if he did that but I'm suspecting that as I don't trust him. He lies to me constantly. I'm assuming they can charge him with a continuing shopping spree. I don't remember the name but it's under the shop lifting laws.

Thanks for answering my question again. This time I think he might be serving 4 months to a year in jail, probation, fines no deversion program as he didn't learn the first time.

He's not in jail at the moment he only got a citation.

It really depends on the jurisdiction. In some places he might have to worry about a little jail time, but in most places he won't, even with a prior.
Shoplifting is small potatos and many jails won't even let him through the door- possibly why he got the citation.
II' say he should expect more fines, community service, and a stint on probation.

It's unlikely any past thefts will become an issue.

Also another question let's say he was shop lifting at Safeway for like 3 months but they didn't catch him can they still charge him for that? Let's say they had him on camra or something.

Each event is a separate crime so if he's on video for an additional offense he can be charged for it even if he wasn't apprehended at the time.

I'm assuming they can charge him with a continuing shopping spree. I don't remember the name but it's under the shop lifting laws.

It's called a "continuing criminal episode" and it's a Class 5 Felony. See 13-1805 (H):

View Document

Unreal that you would stay with this idiot.... Maybe the punishment should be removing the hands. So they can't pick up things to steal.

Yes I'm working on finding another bf.

I suggest you concentrate of your search, or simply remain unattached, free, single, and ready to mingle.

As far as the THIEF goes, allow him to ferment in his own THIEVING juices.

If he gets prison, shot by a firing squad, no sweat will roll down your face.

I suggest you allow this THIEF to wrestle with his demons, problems, and issues.

You, on the other hand, are a law abiding citizen.

All you need to do is focus on YOU, he's an adult, so he can enjoy the bitter fruit he has been busily sowing.

What possible charges do u think he will get. This is his 2nd one within a month. His moms lives with us so it's not 100% right away I'm stuck in a lease.

I think he might get a felony 6 cause of the enhancement charge. 2 within 2 years.

What possible charges do u think he will get. This is his 2nd one within a month. His moms lives with us so it's not 100% right away I'm stuck in a lease.

I think he might get a felony 6 cause of the enhancement charge. 2 within 2 years.

Yeah, I suppose you''re onto something, kinda, maybe, probably, almost.

Back