She's driving ME nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused31

My neighbor is driving me NUTS!!!! I'm quite sure she is emotionally unstable - intelligent, but unstable. She flooded our house twice before our problems began, and my husband and I - in an attempt to be kind neighbors - let it go.

When we were remodeling our home, we had some things sitting outside for a long time, and she soon came over to yell at us about it. She never requested in a kind manner that we remove the junk, only came over telling us that we made the neighborhood look trashy (she had a point, we remodeled with 3 kids in the house and often had things sitting around that looked trashy), the conversation then took some strange turns where she insulted our parenting ability, called us names, commented about our sex lives, and ended by telling my husband he should sleep with other women. Since that was our first encounter, and she was standing on our doorstep with her finger in my face, I decided to write a letter addressing the issues she brought up (we couldn't get a word into the conversation). The letter was rational and I did not personally attack her in any way.

Since then, she has continued making comments regarding our personal lives and parenting skills (she knows nothing about us, but she knows I get angry when she talks about my children), she has called the police on us when we park in the red zone in front of our unit to unload our sleeping children, she has filed numerous complaints with the homeowners association, and has attempted to throw water on myself and my 10 month old daughter when we were walking past her unit.

I am not intimidated, I am angry. She is very irrational, and most of the time I am able to just laugh off the stupid comments, but she is finding ways to become more invasive and insulting, and I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm letting her walk all over us.

Is it possible to sue her for flooding our house (we have pictures), and for harrassment? I don't want to stoop to her level, but the tempation to send her a pile of dog poop is becoming almost irresistable! HELP!!

You probably would be able to sue her for trespass (the flooding), assault (throwing water at you), nuisance (all her conduct) and may be even defamation, depending on what she is telling other people about you. You also might be able to file criminal charges for assault, criminal trespass and harassment.

Of course, as it is with crazy people, it is not always clear that this will help.

Is it possible to demand a psychological evaluation for harrassing people? How do "stars" handle stalking people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back