Criminal Records, Expungement Sheila

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophie55

I have a withheld judgement in Idaho for grand theft by embezzelment. I have lost one job due to a back ground check although I was upfront with my history. I am at risk of losing a second job under the same circumstances although my case was "dismissed and restored to all civil rights". Where are my civil rights really? I have a new job as a secretary for a mental health agency, however the city where I work is denying my ability to be employed for them due to this withheld judgement. Are my civil rights being violated? I sure feel like they are.
What do I do from here - I need this OFF my Record!

Last edited:
I have a withheld judgement in Idaho for grand theft by embezzelment. I have lost one job due to a back ground check although I was upfront with my history. I am at risk of losing a second job under the same circumstances although my case was "dismissed and restored to all civil rights". Where are my civil rights really? I have a new job as a secretary for a mental health agency, however the city where I work is denying my ability to be employed for them due to this withheld judgement. Are my civil rights being violated? I sure feel like they are.
What do I do from here - I need this OFF my Record!

Once you're convicted, you'll always be convicted until your conviction is wiped clean by a FULL PARDON.

Your civil rights (meaning you can vote, sit on juries, etc... in the states where that operates by law or statute), but that doesn't mean the stain is cleansed by expungement.

Your conviction will always stain your name and record.

Expunction or expungement may cloak the conviction from some employers eyes, but governmental agencies and some others, they can see it. In fact, most simple background checks can reveal it, and some online services (available to people for $25 to $50 a year), your neighbors can see it, too. In all states, if you know where to look, you'd be surprised what you can see for FREE.

This article explains it well.

Its written about expungmement in Idaho, but applies to other states, as well.

http://www.idahocriminaldefenselaw....expungement-isnt-really-expungement-in-idaho/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back