Sheep Walk in a Circle for 13 Days!!!

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Asia
A flock of sheep left people feeling dumbfounded by 'moving in a circle for 12 whole days without stopping'.

Footage, taken two weeks ago in northern China, shows hundreds of sheep following each other in a huge circle.

The sheep owner, Ms Miao claims it started with a few sheep before the whole flock joined.

In the video, some sheep can also be seen standing completely still, but still maintaining the circular shape.

When large gaps formed, the farm animals did not break away.

There are reportedly 34 sheep pens at the spot, but only the sheep in the number 13 pen moved in this way.

Although it is not known for certain what caused the sheep to behave this way, a bacterial disease called Listeriosis has been known to cause 'circling' in animals.

According to Mole Care Farm Vets, it is generally associated with spoilt silage.

The disease inflames one side of the brain, which is why circling, and sometimes paralysis of the affected side, is often seen.

Whilst they are infected, sheep appear disorientated.

It comes after a flock of sheep also displayed odd behaviour on the set of Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible 8 Flock of sheep force Tom Cruise to halt Mission: Impossible 8 filming .

It came to light when a crew member opened a gate, allowing the huge flock to pass the set in the Lake District.

Local walkers had to back off from the gate as they came flowing through.

The cast was pictured laughing as the antics lead to a complete pause in filming.

Mystery as flock of sheep move in circle continuously for 12 days

What the flock? Sheep walk around in a circle 'for TWELVE DAYS without stopping' on Chinese farm | Daily Mail Online

Excellent call, mate.
You probably meant this one
Full disclosure, I admit being a "Fortean".
https://www.charlesfort.org/charles-fort

You got it. I've been a Fortean since the age of 12. Had and read all the books. I'm re-reading the Kindle edition of Book of the Damned.

I think all his books are Kindle for 99 cents each.

My favorite quote that explains mysterious disappearances:

"We are being fished for."

You got it. I've been a Fortean since the age of 12. Had and read all the books. I'm re-reading the Kindle edition of Book of the Damned.

I think all his books are Kindle for 99 cents each.

My favorite quote that explains mysterious disappearances:

"We are being fished for."

I freaking love Fortean thought!

"Doubter of orthodoxies, notably science."

Against All Orthodoxies – Welcome to The South Asian Times

Challenging orthodoxies
Questioning assumptions about monitoring, evaluation, and learning in the social sector
We all have orthodoxies—deeply held beliefs about "how things are done" that often go unstated and unquestioned. These orthodoxies often become standard practices that help individuals and institutions function more efficiently. But they can also lead to a dogmatic resistance to change and blind spots that can prevent us from developing new and better ways of working. Challenging, and potentially "flipping" these orthodoxies can often lead to drastic improvements in practice.

Redefining standards: Decision making, diversity, and open data | Deloitte US

With a new Top Gun movie coming out soon, I thought this might be an appropriate share.

It used to be in the early days of military aviation that a pilot's head only served as some level of protection during a crash or a battle. Then with the introduction of radio communications an additional function was added to allow the pilot to communicate with the ground and then eventually with other pilots. The arrival of jet airplanes necessitated the integration of breathing capabilities via a facemask attached to the helmet.

Things remained relatively unchanged for many years until miniaturization and advancing computer science and display technologies made it possible to introduce heads up displays for pilots, first into the cockpit and then into the visor of the pilot, allowing pilots to see key flight data in their field of vision without having to find the relevant instrument on their instrumentation panel.

But pilots still had to look out all of their different windows and event turn the airplane in order to see what was going on around the aircraft.

The latest helmet for pilots of the F35 changes all of that now however. Designers have challenged this orthodoxy that a pilot has to look out the window or turn the airplane to see what is going on outside the airplane AND the orthodoxy that a pilot must put on night vision goggles to see what is going on at night by creating a helmet that uses sensors on the outside of the airplane and feed the visual data to the pilot in their new $400,000 helmet for the F35 that allows them to see in every direction just by looking around, day or night. The pilot can now effectively see right through the walls and floor of the airplane with this helmet.

Great Example of Challenging Orthodoxies - Disruptor League

Back