she won't go

the bookwerm

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
Its been almost 2 years since a couple (from my church) let a woman move into their house until she finds and buys a new place. they are not charging her anything: she is a guest.

She is not making any effort to find a new place and they want her out . . and after telling her, she says they have to go through an 'eviction procedure'.

Is this true?

Its been almost 2 years since a couple (from my church) let a woman move into their house until she finds and buys a new place. they are not charging her anything: she is a guest.

She is not making any effort to find a new place and they want her out . . and after telling her, she says they have to go through an 'eviction procedure'.

Is this true?

Yes, its true.

Yes, it is true but I'd be willing to bet that at some point before the court date the woman moves out on her own. She is betting they won't go sue for eviction because if she knows enough about the law she will also know that eviction on her record will make getting an apartment tough for the foreseeable future.

They need to learn the eviction process and follow it EXACTLY. Any misstep can cause them to have to start over. This woman may be the type to catch their mistakes and drag it out for months.

Back