Shared Custody Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnMosco

My jurisdiction is: Massachusetts

I left my husband two months ago and am living a few blocks away to make it easy for my kids, 14 and 20 to go back and forth. We are sharing custody. My husband says since I left him he does not have to give me anything for support of the 14 year old. We have been married 21 years. We are not yet legally separated or divorced. We were trying to be amicable and we are as long as I dont ask him for any money. He made about 138,000 last year but he sells lumber for a living and will probably make alot less this year. He has always paid almost all of the bills and I have never had easy acsess to "our" bank account. I do work 37 hours a week but I can barely pay my bills and would just like to know if anyone can tell me, will he have to pay me something even though I left him?

My jurisdiction is: Massachusetts

I left my husband two months ago and am living a few blocks away to make it easy for my kids, 14 and 20 to go back and forth. We are sharing custody. My husband says since I left him he does not have to give me anything for support of the 14 year old. We have been married 21 years. We are not yet legally separated or divorced. We were trying to be amicable and we are as long as I dont ask him for any money. He made about 138,000 last year but he sells lumber for a living and will probably make alot less this year. He has always paid almost all of the bills and I have never had easy acsess to "our" bank account. I do work 37 hours a week but I can barely pay my bills and would just like to know if anyone can tell me, will he have to pay me something even though I left him?

He doesn't have to give you anything until there's a court order. You can file a complaint for custody and support, and it doesn't matter who left whom. You should really get a consult with a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back