SF red light time frame.

Youngster

Jurisdiction
California
If I ran a red light ticket I know that pre covid is 15 days as the guideline of when to get a ticket. With covid, does anybody know how long it would take now? I've been checking mail the past week to 15 days and fortunately nothing. Mind you I got a toll fee for crossing bridge.

With covid, does anybody know how long it would take now?

I've been checking mail the past week to 15 days and fortunately nothing.

Have you contacted the agency that administers the "revenue" collection scheme for the city?

This is their "alleged" website:

Red Light Camera and Other Automated Enforcement

From the "authoritAy:

13 Intersections with Automated Enforcement Cameras
Intersections to be upgraded with new equipment:

6th St at Bryant St (eastbound, southbound)
19th Ave at Sloat Blvd (northbound, southbound)
Fell St at Masonic Ave (westbound)
Hayes St at Polk St (southbound, westbound)
Market St at Octavia Blvd (eastbound illegal right turns)
Oak St at Octavia Blvd (eastbound, northbound, eastbound right-turn lanes will be newly enforced)
Park Presidio Blvd at Lake St (southbound)
So. Van Ness Ave at 14th St (northbound)
Intersections to be newly enforced:

4th St at Harrison St (southbound, westbound)
6th St at Folsom St (southbound)
8th St at Folsom St (southbound)
Divisadero St at Bush St (northbound)
Van Ness Ave at Broadway (southbound left turn lanes)

The SFMTA will activate the new cameras at each intersection as construction is completed at each intersection. In accordance with state law, the SFMTA will issue only warning notices for 30 days after activating cameras at each intersection. The SFMTA will start issuing citations at each intersection after the 30-day warning period.

How YOU can contact us in regard to an "Automated Enforcement Citation":

Citations are issued to the vehicle's registered owner on file with the Department of Motor Vehicles within 15 days of the violation date.

The court sends the registered owner a separate courtesy warning within 30 days of the violation.

For MORE questions about a citation you have received, contact the Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco at 415.551.8550.

For other program inquiries, please call 311 (for calls outside San Francisco, call 415.701.2311).

Only someone local to the unidentified locality where you committed the violation, and who has knowledge unique to this process, will have any clue how long it might take for you to receive a ticket.

Back