Negligence, Other Injury Sexual misconduct

Stephanie Moore

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My ex boyfriend and I of 10+ years reconnected when I relocated from Arizona to Colorado and moved in with him and his fathers house in Loveland, Colorado. We were sexually intimate with each other BEFORE I found evidence that he had his best friends girlfriend come up from Arizona and stay with him in same house which they were sexually intimate and he failed to tell me that she was positive for 3 sexually transmitted diseases. He tried denying that he had them to pass them to me by saying "I dont have them cuz I dont have any sypmptoms". He said we would go to the clinic together and get it figured out. He never would follow through with this so I went on my own and, YES, i am positive with disease. I want to sue him or whatever I can do to make him own up to his complete lack of concern for me knowing I am already with cancer and he KNOWINGLY put me in front of a bullet. What can I do legally to make him get tested and not continue to pass his disease to more females.

Not much to do.
You willingly took a risk with him.

It sounds as if you will not be able to prove he knowingly and maliciously passed the illness to you.

What can I do legally to make him get tested and not continue to pass his disease to more females.

You're free to sue. Whether the court will order him to undergo any sort of STD testing is something no one here can predict. Query how many other sexual partners you had from whom you could have contracted whatever disease it is that you have. Also, I would think someone who is already suffering from cancer would exercise better discretion in choosing sexual partners and practicing safe sex.

Back