sexual harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

stella3856

A co worker of my husbands complained of sexual harassment of him. She did this a year after the supposed incident and after someone told her that he had said that someone told him she was having an affair with another man at work. They told my husband that she didnt want to pursue it further, but wanted to hang on to it in case she changes her mind in the future. Since then he has been treated very poorly at a job that he has held for over 23 years with no issues what so ever. My question is , it seems like retaliation for him repeating gossip about her and another co worker, because why bring it up a year later . Also why was the complaint not investigated and resolved? Why not resolve the issue. Instead its like their hanging it over his head everyday. What can and should he do?

We would have no idea whether it was investigated and resolved and if not, why not. But it sounds as if management believes there is some merit to her story. There is nothing illegal about "retaliating" against him for gossiping, and if he was indeed speculating about her relationship with another co-worker that is not only inappropriate but could possibly actually BE sexual harassment. So if I were he, I wouldn't want to make too much of a fuss if he wants to keep his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back