sexual harassment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktmichelle

Okay. Here's my issue. I've been employed with Wendys for about a year & a half now & there's this manager, lets say his name is "John." Me & John have a very up/down relationship. He's 30 with wife, kids. One minute he's going PSYCHO on me, yelling at me to do shit, the next he's telling me, "I go buy beers me & you gonna have fun tonight" (hes mexican.) Btw, I'm 18. Anyways, so yeah, or he'll be like "you no go home tonight, i take you somewhere, then you go home at 3" (i usually close with him on sundays & we close at 1)

ANYWAYS. So, 2 weeks ago, I was in the back putting boxes back up on the shelves & he as counting inventory. well, he came up to me & was grabbing my hand & was like "so whatre we gonna do tonight.. maybe me & you have fun.." & was like "cm here gimme hug" so i gave him a hug, & he started groping me, then kissing me on my neck & i kinda backed off & was like whoaa john.. & walked off, started doing dishes, then came back to put more stuff on the shelf & he started doing it again..

My problem with this, unfortunately is there was no witnesses.. The sandwich maker/grill person/lobby cleaner were all in the front & it was just me & john. So I finally got some guts to go up to my boss (the main boss of the store.) & told her what happened. She was in shock & she said she'd talk to him & tell him if he ever touched me again, I was to call the police or call the 1 800 number in the break room.

Anyways, so he came into work saturday & as SOON as he came in, he counted my drawer & sent me home an hour early. & then I found out that he was telling the employees I was lying & made it all up, so now absolutely NO ONE believes me & it sucks because i KNOW it happened. Plus my boss went around & told everyone not to touch each other so now when I work a few of my employees are like DONT TOUCH ME DONT TOUCH ME when I walk by them, being extremely immature, mocking me... My question is what should I do? I'm going to go talk to my boss tomorrow about it & them mocking me & talking about it, NONSTOP & see what she says.

I kinda wanna take this to court, OR corporate, but theres no witnesses/no proof. It sucks & I dont know what to do.. This has never happened to me before, I've never been sexually harassed at work & even when I told my boss about what happened, she told me "i've been working with john for 11 years & I know if i ask him if it happened, he's gonna deny it, but I know it happened." & she even told me if I had called that 1800 number I could've probably got him fired ON THE SPOT (according to her.) but he basically got a *warning*. I'm tired of being mocked & talked about by my co workers & I know I could quit - but I don't want him to feel like he won. Plus, this is a really stable job for me, I get basically 40 hours every week. But now when I work with "John", he's a jerk to me, even RIGHT AFTER my boss had told me she was gonna tell him he couldnt be like that towards me...

Ugh, what do I do? :(

You immediately report the retaliatory treatment to the owner, district manager or regional manager. And physically stay as far away from him as you can. Maybe ask for a shift change?

And you can also file a complaint with the EEOC. You can't take this to court without a right to sue letter from the EEOC.

You immediately report the retaliatory treatment to the owner, district manager or regional manager.

And you can also file a complaint with the EEOC or your state equivalent. You can't sue without a right to sue letter from one of the two agencies.

I'm going to tell my boss tomorrow. Unfortunately the district manager is on vacation right now.. What is EEOC? Could you elaborate for me a little more? I'm not quite sure what to do in this situation without proof about what happened..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back