Sexting as a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwaway3737

Jurisdiction
Florida
I'm 15 and I sexted with this guy over Instagram, I have since blocked the guy and deleted the account. This was back in January. Is there a chance I might get in trouble. Since there are no statutes on the crime I don't want to get charged after the age of 18 because the conviction will be way worse, would I be charged an adult for something I did as a minor? I have no idea how old the guy is or where he's from. If he's from a different state would I be protected by Florida statute 847.0141, And if it's not would the consequence be worse? And if he's an adult what would be the consequence for me? And how often is it that people get convicted years later. And if I do end up getting in trouble would it ruin my life, would I have to register as a sex offender? I'm scared that if he gets in trouble for sexting the police is going to look through the Instagram database and they'll see our sexts. Please help me out I've been super scared and stressed for months, I have lost all motivation in everything because I am so scared that my life's is ruined, please help me, thanks.

Did you commit a crime? I'm not even sure that you did at your age. In addition, as @mightymoose implies, if you cease contact, what reason would a district attorney want to spend taxpayer money to prosecute someone for a technical violation where there doesn't appear to be a lingering harm? Too little money, too much crime, no time and effort to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back