Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Sex Offender Risk Levels

Joshua8383

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Dealing with sex offenders and sex offender registrations can be a hassle, as well as a huge worry for both the victims in said crimes, as well as the 'alleged' offender to be listed. If you know anything about sex offenders, registries, and risk assessments done in order to determine the risk level of the offenders, then I ask you this...

How does a sexual offender who is on the Sex Offender Registry (risk level 3), who has not even thought of committing any sexual offense, and has been clear of any sexual related offenses since 2004 reduce his/her risk level to a 1 or a 2?

Dealing with sex offenders and sex offender registrations can be a hassle, as well as a huge worry for both the victims in said crimes, as well as the 'alleged' offender to be listed. If you know anything about sex offenders, registries, and risk assessments done in order to determine the risk level of the offenders, then I ask you this...

How does a sexual offender who is on the Sex Offender Registry (risk level 3), who has not even thought of committing any sexual offense, and has been clear of any sexual related offenses since 2004 reduce his/her risk level to a 1 or a 2?
Thee is no way to prove he hasn't even thought of committing another sexual offense since 2004. That's just silly. He got on the registry as a level 3 for a reason. Are you saying it was wrong?

An offender has no ability to reduce her/his classifications.

An offender does have the ability to RAISE his/her status by committing new sexual related offenses.

Your query is akin to what Warren Buffett once said: "It takes twenty years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

Thee is no way to prove he hasn't even thought of committing another sexual offense since 2004. That's just silly. He got on the registry as a level 3 for a reason. Are you saying it was wrong?
I'm not saying that you are wrong in regards to what you have stated, however, his/her charge was out of state/federal charge that was owed to PA, but considering the fact he/she moved to another state upon his/her release, that automatically adds 'flight-risk' as well as other factors to his/her point-system regarding the risk assessment done, simply because it being a federal charge, as opposed to it being a state charge.
His/her charge was "Conspiracy to Transport a Minor Across Interstate Lines, With Intent to Engage in Illicit Sexual Conduct". While the offender had intentions of going on the trip, as his/her witness statement claims, this offender - also is his/her witness statement - makes this statement, "If only I had known (the victim's true age)". Now, this offender had a co-defendant, of which had taken full responsibility in saying, "He didn't know anything, but he did go with me." The co-defendant also goes on to say that the offender shouldn't be here, but I should. The co-defendant was the one who's name was online on 'MySpace' and their internet communications suggested their intentions, but there were no intentions, (not even a screen-name) related to the offender that I am talking about, of anything sexual. So, this is why I ask how this happens.

So, this is why I ask how this happens.

Each criminal defendant is judged differently.

There are many things that could cause Percy to receive a life sentence in prison, and Zack to receive a two year suspended sentence and 18 months of probation.

Discussing those reasons is a waste of my time, and website bandwidth.

Most people can come up with a few reasons, for each sentence, if one is so inclined.

As a judge who sentenced convicted criminal defendants, I had my rubric when it came time to sentence a person.

Since the sex offender was found guilty s/he is not an "alleged" offender. S/he is a CONVICTED OFFENDER. Actually one of the loathsomely lowest of the low for this type of crime.

Back