Auto Loans Several months behind on Auto Loan in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

vetteman81

Several months ago I got behind on my auto loan due to my unemployment situation. I am now 4 months behind, and the bank is trying to repo my vehicle. Since this is my only mode of transportation, I have not been easy for the repo company to get a hold of in locating me because I have been traveling around the country looking for employment. I also have not really responded to the banks attempt to contact me because I have nothing (i.e. money) to offer them at this time and in my view a conversation would be pointless. The bank and repo company have both tried tracking me down but with no luck. The only mailing that I have received from the bank are the monthly bills with past due amounts stating to please pay as soon as possible and giving me the western union code.

Recently within the last month, the repo company came to my parents house and threatend my mother and father to tell them where to find me, or they and I could go to jail. No law enforcement officer has every tried to contact me or my parents during this ordeal.

My question is this, What can a bank or repo company legally do to reposess an auto that is several months behind in payment in Texas? Can someone go to jail for oweing money on an auto loan, and it being difficult for the bank to repo the vehicle (i.e. can this be a criminal matter)? Can my parents get into trouble for knowing where I am but not giving that info to the bank or repo company?

Need advice !!!

You may want to contact the company to see what you can work out. If you can work something out, make sure that when you mail in payments that it includes a letter that documents the agreement made. Don't have a postmark in the place that you are staying! Good luck!

vetteman81 said:
Several months ago I got behind on my auto loan due to my unemployment situation. I am now 4 months behind, and the bank is trying to repo my vehicle. Since this is my only mode of transportation, I have not been easy for the repo company to get a hold of in locating me because I have been traveling around the country looking for employment. I also have not really responded to the banks attempt to contact me because I have nothing (i.e. money) to offer them at this time and in my view a conversation would be pointless. The bank and repo company have both tried tracking me down but with no luck. The only mailing that I have received from the bank are the monthly bills with past due amounts stating to please pay as soon as possible and giving me the western union code.

Recently within the last month, the repo company came to my parents house and threatend my mother and father to tell them where to find me, or they and I could go to jail. No law enforcement officer has every tried to contact me or my parents during this ordeal.

My question is this, What can a bank or repo company legally do to reposess an auto that is several months behind in payment in Texas? Can someone go to jail for oweing money on an auto loan, and it being difficult for the bank to repo the vehicle (i.e. can this be a criminal matter)? Can my parents get into trouble for knowing where I am but not giving that info to the bank or repo company?

Need advice !!!

georgew said:
You may want to contact the company to see what you can work out. If you can work something out, make sure that when you mail in payments that it includes a letter that documents the agreement made. Don't have a postmark in the place that you are staying! Good luck!

But can he go to jail ? Be arrested / Sued ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back